To: SAM

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Julie, Jan 16, 2001.

1. Julie

Julie Guest

Well, I did what you said, I applied at Netbank for a checking/ bank visa card. I Got TURNED DOWN!! I could not beleive it. You had me so excited about paying bills online, and not writing checks out. I have not had a checking account in 4 years, so I thought it was a good idea. I thought credit wouldn't have much to do with it, but it must have. My credit is fair, after I cleaned it up, I have 1 collection. No lates, EVER, and am paying a car loan, always early, and my credit cards are always early pay, double or triple minimum payment. So, I am not sure why they turned me down. Any other bank I can try? Julie

2. Killer

Killer Guest

From what I've read on this board, this bank does not utilize CheckSystems. So that could not have been the problem. Or is it?

They do not supply a reason for a decline? I would certainly contact them and ask for a reason.

3. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: Ideas.

I am kinda shocked! you look a lot better than I.

I was approved for COMPUBANK, and TD WATERHOUSE Checking as well (including visa check card!).

Keep in mind, i have 2 chex records for closure of checking acct due to bouncies. I also have 10+ baddies on my reports.

So. Im not sure what to say about netbank. My ex- was also approved, and since our Ex- credit is whats ex- holding me up, she had the same records.

Apply for TD WATERHOUSE Checking account, and COMPUBANK, they both approved me for checking and visa/check card.

Seriously. Having both chex, and credit issues, i figured if they would have let me have an account, to you, they would have as well. This may be a sign of the banks getting smarter real quick.

4. jon

jon Guest

didn't you post earlier

That you applied for the Juniper card???? LOL

5. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: hold up - visa turndown or

Did they turn you down for a visa card?

or did they turn you down for a NETVALUE CHECKING account which comes with a visa-check card?

I got axxed on their line of credit (now gone) and visa card too.

but i got their netbank Value checking, with bill pay, and atm visa check card.

6. TommyC

TommyC Guest

RE: To: Julie

Hi Julie,
    Sam's right, if you applied for a Net Banking product that comes with some sort of overdraft protection (that gives you a line of unsecure credit) and you have had some blemishes with your credit in the recent past (within 7 years), you'd probably be turned down or declined. I too, have had an entry four years ago with ChexSystem and had a heck of a time opening a checking account. I also have two charge offs and three collections, all unpaid, with the exception of a reissued Capital One card that was charged off. With the Creditnet board members suggestion, I applied for a Compubank account, making sure not to opt for any overdraft protection and was approved. I agree with the others, that Compubank is a good alternative if you are having problems getting an account with Netbank. Take care, TommyC

7. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

RE: ? for Sam

Hi Sam,

Are you talking about the Overdraft line of credit, or was there another LOC before I signed up? (Just concerned about my $1K line...flashbacks from x.com!)

Jac

8. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: naw just one loc. which ap

There was a LOC product, Last time i looked at the application, it doesn't exist any more.

Go check the netbank. apply online. Its either checking , or platinum visa :)

9. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

RE: ChexSystems

How long does a record stay with ChexSystem? Just Curious...

10. Julie

Julie Guest

RE: hold up - visa turndown or

They turned me down for EVERYTHING. I applied for the value checking, the visa check card. I did not apply for overdraft protection though.

11. Cindy

Cindy Well-Known Member

RE: ChexSystems

Jamie,

According to the information I got on their website and on the report they sent me, 5 years.

Cheers,
    Cindy

12. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: hmm.

I guess they must have changed their stance. I didn't apply for the visa card myself. i know better.

13. S.D.

S.D. Guest

RE: To: Julie

Julie, I have a Netbank value checking acct and I have an NSF that went to chexsystems. I was afraid to get the visa check card because of chexsystems, so I just applied for the checking and the regular ATM card. I was approved back in November for this. Maybe because you chose to get the Visa Check Card, you were turned down. I'm not sure. A Visa check card is nice to have, but if you really need to withdraw money, just use a regular ATM, or take the time to write a check.

I know Sam said almost nobody writes checks anymore, but I do. =0)

14. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

Thanks

15. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Anyone got CHEX info?

I am going to get my chex report and see whats actually up!

Anyone got any tips where to get your chex report and dispute??

My netbank account is maybe 1 month old tops, and i was denied at many other banks for chex reasons. Unless netbank changed their policies very recently, i don't understand why.

I have no derog marks in the past 3.5 years, by the way.

16. Cindy

Cindy Well-Known Member

RE: Anyone got CHEX info?

Sam,

I got mine here:

http://www.chexhelp.com/english/public/order.htm

I have not disputed yet; I was planning to look into it after I finished up with the big 3 (I already have a checking account with SFNB; it's a joint one w/my husband...)

Cheers,
    Cindy

17. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Here's what happened to me....

I was in chexsystem..Boohoo 1998. Overdrawn account. I was dead broke. No job. Just finished school, the last semester. Order some clothes with deferred billing option, AND forgot about it...oops. I was overdrawn. They closed the account and sent me to chexsystem. I paid it about 6 months later. My mom's just opened an account for me. So I was cool. But I finally paid it. The BANK that I paid gave me the phone # to chexsystem. I called them. They told me (chexsystem) to have the bank forward info that the item was paid. My name was removed and I have had no reference to it since. None. No problem opening any kind of bank account. I paid it in late 11/98. Hope this helps.

roni

18. S.D.

S.D. Guest

RE: Here's what happened to me

I sent in a copy of the actual receipt to Chexsystems, but they wouldn't remove it. They said that Wash Mutual would have to tell Chexsytems to take it off, and Wash Mutual would not do this for me. I guess they are under no obligation to take your name off. It's all up to the bank that sent you to them.

19. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: Here's what happened to me

That sucks. Summit Bank was major cool about it. I guess I was blessed.

roni

20. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

X.com

Jaq - I suffered that X.com flashback 2!
    glad I got out - remember they gave me a BIG $200 credit overdraft line. :)