To Shantel, Re: Action

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by CCMax, Jun 14, 2001.

1. CCMax

CCMax Active Member

Hi, You mentioned in another post you have an Action card. Would you mind sharing your experiences with this company? I have gotten two preapproved offers from them, and I hesitate because the annual fee seems steep. The only thing that really interests me, I hate to say, is that it would probably be the onlty card in my wallet that doesn't scream SUBPRIME ( I think ?) Is it worth it? I too am trying to rise from subprime hell.

CC

2. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

I've only had it for a month or so. I don't have an annual fee (I don't think...I can't remember right off hand, but I'll check and let you know). My APR is 17.42%. It's not GOOD, but it's better than my Providian MC and Cap One. Also, at the time I got it, I had other store cards with APRs in the 20s.

What I WILL do though, is keep you all updated on how it's going with them.

They have a website also....actioncard.com. Maybe you could find a better deal there (if you're interested).

The offers you've gotten....is it for their Platinum card? That's what I have. And yes, it's the only one that doesn't scream sub-prime. They pulled my Experian, so I can understand why they feel I'm "deserving" of sub-prime.

3. CCMax

CCMax Active Member

Thanks, please do keep me updated. My offer was for a silver card, if I recall correctly, so I haven't risen as far as you yet :) I definitely remember the annual fee, though, $8.95 a month, and I believe the offer was for "up to $1000." So it potentially could be one of those deals where I'd be paying more than $100 a year for $300 worth of credit. Not worth it.

CC

4. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

Yeah yeah yeah....I remember now. The annual fee is $48 or 3.95/mo. (I'd almost forgotten about that!).

I started at 1K but with Platinum benefits (whatever THOSE are!).

I believe it's their Platinum sub-prime card....LOL. It's a sad day when we start seeing different degrees of sub-prime cards. We have the sub-prime/sub-prime card...(i.e. Cross Country), then we have the classic/sub-prime card....(Cap One/Providian), then we have the gold/sub-prime card and NOW we have the Platinum/sub-prime card.

When does it end?

5. CCMax

CCMax Active Member

LOL! I think I'll wait for a better offer!

cc