To: Shyguy Re: Citibank

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Jim, Mar 15, 2001.

1. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

You asked what my attorney said:

My Attorney (personal friend and does income taxes etc.) told me not to bother Citibank because:

I plan to try and get the discharged Citibank account off my credit reports. if I speak to them that will remind them of who I am - Not good!! The discharged amount was over $20K.

Speaking of attorneys, my attorney doing the talking here is different than the excellent attorney who handled my BK. However, the BK attorney does not believe in credit repair of the type you and I are doing. So I got the "cold shoulder" when I brought it up to him. No surprise.

I am using Junum (no attorney involved) and I believe you are using Bradley Ross.

What exactly did Bradley Ross say to you?

Thanks

2. ShyGuy

ShyGuy Well-Known Member

Bradley Ross said if I talked to Discover it would be harder to get the listing off my reports in a dispute, which was already in progress. I talked, and the listing still came off two of my reports. (I can't remember which one it's still on.) I will probably pay them in the future (it's only $400) becuase a CSR said if I paid I could possibly get a Discover card after six months. Plus, Discover was by far the best creditor to deal with during my financial problems, so I'd like to pay and use them in the future.

When I had some incorrect info come back verified (listed as charged off instead of included in BK), Bradley Ross told me to call my creditors to see what was happening. (The paralegal said it looked like a creditor issue.) So I've been doing that. My old CU said it was a computer error and fixed it while I was one the phone. I still have to call some of the others.

Do you know what Junum does when incorrect info comes be verified? I was a little disappointed Bradley Ross doesn't contact creditors, but I was told the firm will offer this service in the future.

My biggest concern is accounts listing as charged off or past due when they were really discharged.