To: Shyguy - Re: Nordstrom app

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Jim, Feb 15, 2001.

1. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Hey Shyguy - I remmeber that you and others asked me to keep you posted about my Nordstrom application. I got the department store card yesterday with a $2,000 limit. I did not expect to receive the card as my Chap 7 BK was discharged 2 years ago this month. I had anticipated that if I got the card it would have a $300 or so limit on it. Also,the card has an ATM feature that allows me to draw out cash for up to $300 on it.

I am pleased with the card as Nordstom also has a visa card. When I build a business relationship with them, I can look into the visa card if the terms are good.

BTW, I was turned down for credit at

Brooks Brothers Clothiers
    Chevron
    Mobil

Chevron said they will consider a BK customer only after 5 years have passed since the BK. Brooks and Mobil didn't even provide me with a telephone number to discuss the matter.

Good luck

2. ShyGuy

ShyGuy Well-Known Member

thanks for giving me hope

Thanks and congrats, Jim! I guess I'll call Nordstorm to see if I can make a deal to continue to pay the discharged debt.

3. ShyGuy

ShyGuy Well-Known Member

PS -- worried about Chevron

I've had a Texaco card since 1983. I'm worried that after the merger goes through, Chevron will drop me.

4. Cricket

Cricket Active Member

RE: PS -- worried about Chevro

Shyguy,
    I would not worry about Texaco/Chevron dropping you. I had a chevron card prior to my ch 7 in '99. I had the card previously for 5 or 6 years. I was worried that after the bk, they would drop me, but they didn't. They recently even raised my limit to 1500. (I don't know why I would need that much on a gas card.) BTW, I also had several other store cards from before the bk: Target, Foleys, Sears. None of them dropped me either. They all had a $0 bal at the time of the ch 7. Good luck.
    Cricket

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

RE: PS -- worried about Chevro

In Colorado, TOTAL bought
    DIAMOND SHAMROCK...result NO closed stations, and you can use both cards at both gas stations...

Eventually you should be able to use SHELL, CHEVRON, and TEXACO at all three...

6. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

RE: To: Shyguy - Re: Nordstrom

I wouldn't have predicted a $300 credit limit with Nordstrom. They ain't cheap, and $300 wouldn't even get you a sniff of most of their merchandise. Nordstrom does sell quality merchandise, but you pay dearly for it.