To: Shyguy Re": Nordstron

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Jim, Feb 16, 2001.

1. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Hey shyguy. I looked at the disclosure for the Nordstrom visa card. It says 18.3% apr.

As I remember you somewhat regretted the loss of your card. Was there any special advantage or feature that makes the card a good deal? I have better rates than that on 3 of my 4 visa cards.

Thanks.

2. ShyGuy

ShyGuy Well-Known Member

RE: To: Shyguy Re": Nords

Jim,

Heck, I'd just like to have a regular store card back -- which is what I had before I was upgraded to the Visa. The Visa is nothing special, and the APR isn't great. (Still, I'm not even a year past discharge, so I don't expect great APRs anytime soon.)

But with the store card, I could order my wife gifts off the web site and get free returns if the clothes don't fit or she doesn't like them. Plus, I used to live in Seattle, so Nordstrom has sentimental value. And I did a great job paying it down before the BK. (I would have reaffirmed if I had known about that process and Nordstrom had been willing.)

My No.1 card to get back is Discover. That company was so nice to me during all of my credit problems (which went on for years before I just give up and filed for BK). Plus I only owed Discover around $300 at discharge.

Hope this helps.