$ to talk to live rep?NextCard

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by JB, Mar 27, 2001.

1. JB

JB Well-Known Member

I was just approved for a NextCard yesterday and I called their customer service number tonight to ask a question about my account. I got the recorded message that "There may be a charge to speak with a live representative" !
    Does anyone know anything about this? How much would it cost me to call them and verify my account?

Thanks

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: $ to talk to live rep?Next

MUST BE NEW...

THEY HAVE ON-LINE E-MAIL...

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Is there a different number you can call?? I have never heard of this before, that's sounds unbelievable that they would CHARGE you to talk to them??

4. Christi

Christi Well-Known Member

Did you go to www.nextcard.com and login and get the CS number from there? You can also send them an email from the site. My fiancee has that card and yes they did call to verify with him after the application. The next day he got a message on the machine saying your application has been received and will be processed. About 3 days later they called at home about 8:30 at night wanting to speak with him. He wasn't here and since I am an AU they let me give the info they needed. They were verifying the phone number since it's unlisted and the email address. That was it. Good Luck.

Christi

5. JB

JB Well-Known Member

Just talked for free

I went to the My.NextCard.com website and looked around for another customer service number-- which I did find. I called that number and talked with a live representative and there was no mention of me being charged.

So, now I know what number to call for free 24 hour help.
    1-888-974-2265

6. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Re: Just talked for free

One thing i noticed about nextcard is their phone support is subpar compared to aria,capital one, and citibank. I called them 3 times, and got crappy long wait times till i hung up. Then a lot of their support folks (applications,etc) are not open 24 hours or at least most of the time.

I think phone support is the #1 reason i keep some of my cards.

7. Shelly

Shelly Guest

Re: Just talked for free

I called the 888-974-2265 number last week only I made the BIG mistake of dialing 800 instead of the 888 and I got a SEX LINE!

Wanted to know if i was 'feeling horny' ... perhaps you dialed the wrong prefix?! LOL

8. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

How much was the cost

?

9. Chet

Chet Well-Known Member

10. Chet

Chet Well-Known Member

Re: Free live chat

Realized that link doesn't work. go to:

http://www.nextcard.com

Scroll to bottom and click on Contact us, then scroll down the page until you see Live Chat.

11. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Re: Free live chat

JB,
    It is supposed to be free for everyone. That's what they are here for? When you use the card and the percentage of the purchase to pay back their salary and the company. I never heard anything like this before. I had their card for two years and they never charge a cent by talking to the customer service.