TO: texastrini

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by eviljeeba, Jul 26, 2001.

1. eviljeeba

eviljeeba Well-Known Member

I don't know how it works in Texas, but in CA, a lot of preferred insurance carriers do NOT pull a credit report for auto insurance.

Does Texas have Mercury Insurance Company? AAA/Inter State Truck Ins Co.? 20th Century?

I would recommend you call some of the "big guys", like we have Allstate, State Farm and Farmers out here, and see if a nice agent would be able to tell you where to find the lowest rate. I know Progressive Insurance Co offers quotes from lower carriers if they aren't the cheapest for you.

Do NOT even worry about not having prior insurance. Its not like they jack up your rates because you haven't had insurance. Its just that they can't apply any previous insurance discount to your policy.

You will usually see a dramatic rate decrease after having insurance for 1 year with a "preferred carrier".

Don't ever go to the cheezy TV ads which promises you the LOWEST RATES GUARENTEED. And shop around!!! Don't get suckered into paying a brokers fee.

I used to work for a firm who used www.4insurance.com to provide rates to prospects and there are other websites that shop for you too.

Good luck.

2. texastrini

texastrini Well-Known Member

thanks so much for your thoughful advice

3. eviljeeba

eviljeeba Well-Known Member

Its truly my pleasure. I've received SO much great info on here, I thought I'd do a little giving:)