To those of you have a BK

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Jim, Feb 3, 2001.

1. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

I received my Califonia Chap 7 BK 2 years ago this month. I have been feeling pretty blase about the thing lately as I have established a lot of credit thru an auto loan, Capital One , credit unions etc. The regulars here probably remmber my posts.

Last month, I applied for prime credit on-line and got rejected at Juniper (no surprise) and Chevron, Brooks Brothers, and Mobil. The last 3 were kind of a surprise. Rumor had it that department stores and gas cards were relatively easy to get compared to visa cards and auto loans.

Have any of you guys who have had a BK managed to get any department store credit cards? If so at what stores and do they report to the CRA's?

I have about made up my mind to just wait another 5 years before applying for this type of credit. Chevron did tell me to wait 3 years and I can have a card.

I believe that having a BK on your record will normally keep a consumer from getting the department store charges. My Macy's and Robinsons-May accounts survived the BK.

Thanks Jim

2. Betty

Betty Guest

I file BK 7 6 months ago and Sears,J.C.Penny and Macy's gave me a card.

Sears----$3500
    J.C.Penny $1500
    Macy's $2100
    All the above report to the credit bureaus.
    Betty

3. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

To: Betty

Did you apply in the store? Did the store ask you for an explanation about the BK or for a paycheck stub etc.?

4. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Jim

You and I spoke in the chat room one night about bk's. When the bk was showing on my reports I could not get any dep't. store cards. I don't believe this for a minute and by looking at this posters dialup info and the grammar, I suspect this Bobby again playing his stupid games. Don't believe a word of this.

5. Saar

Saar Banned

Now let me guess. A month later, Amex pre-approved you for a Platinum, despite the recent BK and being unemployed.

Saar

6. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

RE: Jim

Bingo....I thought the same thing when I read that LKH !!!!! We're getting pretty good at this creditnet cop stuff.

7. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Thanks LKH. i don't believe th

I don't know why a liar has to be on the board.

8. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

The Price of Freedom

That's the price of freedom. If there were someone officially deciding who's a liar and who isn't, then it's possible that the very person making the decision could be the biggest liar of all. It has happened before....

Of course, I'm talking only about systematic censorship. Other than that, we all know this jerk from Tucson is a pathological liar. I live in Tucson and I've met many of them myself.

Take care, Jim. :)