To Those with Citibank Cards..

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by A New One, Jan 9, 2001.

1. A New One

A New One Guest

I know that the Citibank AAA cards have been all the rave on this board. I was wondering, since I had a Citibank card that was charged off in 93, how likely would it be to get this AAA card. I have:
    Providian w/$2800 limit. no lates
    Capital One w/$2000 limit no lates
    Secured Amex, although it does mean much.
    Car Loan.....one payment from being pay off. no lates
    a Mortage on Experian no lates.
    a student loan showing lates from 95
    and a cable bill collection account.

Thanks to you all......and especially you roni (and other Momof 3, Dogman, etc).....you all keep this board "jumping"

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

As far as I know you cannot.

WEll. It has been stated here that citibank is not issuing cards to the former customers who charged off accounts or included citibank in a bk. I Think! If there are those out there who have charge off citi and not paid them back yet got the AA let us all know.

roni

3. skip

skip Guest

RE: As far as I know you canno

I've read one poster who said he received a card after defaulting, however I've read several posters who say citibank has a list of defaulters and don't issue a new card. I'd also like to hear from anyone who was able to get a citibank card after defaulting cause I'd like to apply myself.

4. sam

sam Well-Known Member

My buddy was denied for defaulting on citibank.

5. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

They were included in my 1988 BK. I don't remember how much I owed at the time. I have the Plat Select, not AA, if that makes a difference.

6. rick

rick Well-Known Member

I was charged off in 1991 on a Visa card, but they issued me a Click Citi card in 1998. They still won't give me a Diners though.