To Top

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, Feb 3, 2001.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I saw your post regarding citibank limit reporting. I had the same thing happen to me as well, I called the reps and someone always told me a different answer, one claimed it was Experian's fault another said they never report limits, funny they HAVE always been on Equifax and TU since I opened my first one with them in 99. So at first I called Experian since they are the only ones NOT reporting and I asked for limits to be inserted, they called Citibank and guess what they didn't verify, funny they are supposed to report COMPLETE and accurate info. SO my next step was to send Experian copies of my statments with limits highlighted, I also included a nice letter that stated that these accounts must be complete and accurate and explained how this may affect my scores do to them using balances but not disclosing limits, like I said I was real nice but made my points. I got my updated report rather quickly and now and now my limits are reported on Experian. I know you stated you sent statements, but maybe if you write a letter in your own words and include my points, this should get your limits on there. Let me know how it works out, I know how frustrated I was until I got this fixed.

Mom

2. Top

Top Guest

Hi Momof3,

I guess my letter to Experian didn't make my points. I am so frustrated. I called experian discussed about this. I've been told that they can't add if Citibank doesn't report even I sent them the statement or even letter from citibank mentioned that they have increased my credit limit. This is the letter I sent Experian :

"Dear Sir or Madam,

I've just reviewed my credit report and have noticed you are reporting incomplete credit information.

CITIBANK VISA Acct: 4*********
    Please add information about credit line $7,000.00. Attached please find a photocopy of my current statement and the Letter from Citibank dated December 14, 2000. As you can see I was just awarded an increase in credit limit. Please update your records accordingly."

Momof3, If you don't mind, would you please send me the sample of letter. I guess I will wait for a while and send them the dispute letter again.

Thanks in advance.

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Sure Top, I will have to dig it up and then I will post it, but I really don't think you should believe Citi or Experian in regards to this, my husband also has a citi account and the letter worked for both of us and it shows up everytime now on experian.

Mom

4. Top

Top Guest

Thank you so much. I really appreciate your help. I think I will dispute again in a couple months and will keep you posted.

Thanks again.