To Valued Members of this Boar

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Desdemona, Mar 2, 2001.

1. Desdemona

Desdemona Well-Known Member

Hello All,

To all that contribute to this board, your experiences, opinions, and links to credit repair solutions have all ways been helpful, sometimes comical, and usually right on the money. As an observer though, I have been afraid to post questions or answers in the last month in fear of harsh reactions from board members. I have been lurking about this site since Nov 00. I have learned a lot, posted a question or two, even attempted to answer some. I was not always right in my answers, but there was always a board member to point out the correct answer or even a better solution.

I am afraid that the immature posting of a few individuals has caused many of the regular members to be overly harsh to newcomers, or someone who asks a question with poor grammar or misspelled words. Remember, we write the same way we speak, so if you speak in short choppy sentences, you will write in short choppy sentences. I have read the posting of these immature individuals and they are uncalled for and down right unintelligent.

Just some thoughts to the regular board members whoâ??s postings we value, please try to remember that these individuals must not have anything better to do and will go away once they are bored with us. Think of an ADD kid or a Miami-Dale voter, easily distracted by shiny objects. Once they realize that no one is replying to them, they will move on. (Now this doesnâ??t really apply to â??Bobbyâ? because what he is doing is illegal and by all means I hope he gets what is coming to him.) Please try to focus on what the board is created for, to provide credit repair help to those who need and want it.

We all have risen up from different levels of bad/damaged credit with the help of members of this board. We should share our joys, and share our lows; we should congratulate members when they win a battle. But we should also be there to help them hold their heads up high when they lose a battle. Thatâ??s why we continue to read and post to this board.

To the individuals who are posting immaturely, if you donâ??t like, or care for what you read, donâ??t read it. Leave our happy little board. I am sure in this vast WorldWide Web you could find something else that captures your interest.

Well I hope I donâ??t trip over my skirt as I get off my soapbox, all I can say is thanks for listening to me.

Desdemona

ps. As for IP addresses.. I read this board at both home and work so my IP address does not always match, so don't rely on IP addresses as id for a person.

2. Dustin

Dustin Well-Known Member

Re: To Valued Members of this

Very well said.

Dustin

3. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

I agree also.......very well said.

4. river

river Well-Known Member

I have had my share of ups and downs with my credit-repairing,but anything was better than what I had.And if it wasn't for this board, I would still be where I was and feeling depressed,thinking there was no hope.Thanks goes out to the regular posters even though I don't respond to very many posters because I am still at the crawling stage.

5. confused

confused Guest

I have been a member of this board since about june of 99. I stopped posting for awhile because of all the sarcasm and I was told that I was basically a whiner. I will come out and say that I don't have a lot of the answers to some off the questions posed on this list. I can, however, relate some of my own personal experiences with credit bureaus and the dreaded collection agencies and when the topic because too childish and the insults run like water, I go into lurk mode until a thread catches my attention and I either respond or post. Well said, Des.

6. rob

rob Guest

Thank you...every time I post something "the regulars" (roni, mom of 3, or richguy) just monopolize the board and ridicule.....it is very discouraging.

7. Len

Len Guest

I agree, Confused. I go back aways too and remember the old board, which could get pretty nuts. The difference now is the nasty folk can't hide easily, but they're still nasty:)