Today I began the journey..........

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by snakeman, Sep 9, 2003.

1. snakeman

snakeman Well-Known Member

The journey towards a place or a time when all sorts of people will look at me with admiration and acceptance. Yes, when I finally arrive to the place I seek, it will no longer be a place of fantasy......but of reality.

Yes....the place I refer to will have low interest rate loans, credit card offers by the dozen, and the most anticipated answer that I have been seeking.....

Yes, Mr. SnakeMan, you're approved!

I am excited because today DOES mark the first day to financial independance. I mailed out my first letters of validation to some CA's and now I begin.

I know the road will be a long one. And like any journey, it won't be an easy road. But the fact is that every month that goes by, I will be that much closer. And every letter that gets sent I'll be that much closer. Every call, every letter written, and every single detail in credit repairing will make me appreciate credit so much more. I think the whole process will leave me wiser and perhaps a little more mature when dealing with finances. I fell into this deep and unforgiving hole a long time ago when our children were killed. Both my wife and I didn't want to continue. 15 judgments, 20 charge-off's, 10 collections, 3 chpt 13 BK's, and one chpt 7 later......we are still here. When life deals a crappy hand you can fold or you can play it.

This forum has permitted us to see the future with more optimism. We now look at our situation with hope and a renewed sense of courage.

Keep the thoughts and encouragement coming!
    We can never get enough of them.

SnakeMan

2. rhondak

rhondak Well-Known Member

Here's wishing you the very best of luck.

3. RichGuy

RichGuy Well-Known Member

Snakeman,

It's great that you started. And you're right: every month that goes by, you're that much closer.

4. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

Best of luck on your journey, and I'm so sorry to hear about your children. May you overcome all of this and get to a better place.

5. snakeman

snakeman Well-Known Member

Thanks again for the thoughts.....I am writing this post as my wife sits in recovery at the hospital.

We had a little girl!

7lbs 5oz 19 3/4" long.

All sorts of "new beginnings".

Good Day!

SnakeMan

6. pd11604

pd11604 Well-Known Member

"Even a Journey of One Thousabd miles begins with One step"

7. Butch

Butch Well-Known Member

Good for you Snakeman.

I vote you the new "most likely to succeed".

:)