Tom65432

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by bbauer, Oct 27, 2001.

1. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Tom, it was mentioned by someone on another post that
    Personally, although it's frustrating when a collection agency or creditor refuses to reply to letters, it's to one's advantage when they don't.

If it was me they wouldn't answer, I'd wait 30 days and send them an estoppel letter and hope they ignored that too. Then I'd wait another 30 days and send them another letter even more powerful then estoppel and hope they ignored that too. Then I'd wait a few more days and send them a summons to court and hope they ignored that too. After the proper time had passed according to rules of court proceedure, I'd send them a notice of asset hearings and hope they ignored that too. Then I'd get the sheriff and go down to their offices and start moving them out and hope they ignored that too.

Then I'd sit back and see if they wanted to send me a demand letter for some other bill they hope to collect so we could see if they wanted to ignore my demand for validation the second time. (LOL)

Naturally it's never going to happen that way, but I could always hope, couldn't I? Ought to be fun giving them a new point of view on validation demands.

The whole point is that I don't fool around with these clowns and I recommend that others don't fool around with them either. They treat debtors in just about that same way if you stop to think about it, and they are not the least bit used to the debtor being in the drivers seat instead of them and when they finally figure out that they are in a handbasket headed somewhere they don't want to go they start squealing like stuck hogs real quick. They think it's funny or something when they do it to you, but when the worm turns, it's a whole new ballgame for them.