too many cards

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by izzygreen, Jul 8, 2001.

1. izzygreen

izzygreen New Member

My wife and I have 2 providian cards and 6 capital one cards between us with rates varying from 9.9 to 23 % and limits ranging from $300 to $2500. The providian cards have the high limits, but also the high rates. we rarely use them except for emergencies and then pay them immediately. the cap one cards have lower limits but also better rates. I have contacted cap one on several occasions to request consolidating all the cards into one card with an aggregate limit of the existing cards but they have said they will consolidate the cards but that the resulting account would have a lower limit than the existing aggregate limit I currently have. I wish to keep the available credit limit I have. does anyone know of a company that I could transfer all my balances to that would have a reasonable limit and rate? my aggregate limit is now about $6000 with cap one and all my payments are current and timely.

2. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

You need to apply for a better limit card, try MBNA or Chase, they offer good limits and lots of teaser rates. Always exercise your credit to make it grow and to lower your costs. Credit is a terrible thing to waste.

www.creditsense.com

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

NEXT CARD has on-line INSTANT credit...BUT WATCH OUT!!!!

I have the 9.99% FIXED, but for some reason they are trying to make my wife take an UNADVERTISED 3 months @ 9.99% then 18.99%!!!!

They give you the opportunity to have a "HIGHER" credit line if you do a balance transfer right then...

You MAY be able to get one card @9.99% fixed, instead of many with the same amount of credit line or more at a lower interest rate!!!

READ EVERYTHING CAREFULLY...BOTH OF YOU READ EVERY WORD TOGETHER...AGREE TO ANSWERS BEFORE TYPING...IF THEY DON'T GIVE YOU WHAT IS ACCEPTABLE TO YOU...INTEREST RATE WISE, AND CREDIT LIMIT WISE...DON'T ACCEPT!!

OR LOOK ELSEWHERE

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member