Too Weird

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Melissa, Mar 21, 2001.

1. Melissa

Melissa Well-Known Member

Anyway, I pulled both of our credit reports(equifax) and I had just gotten my merged report for Junum too. Anyway, the weird thing is that, we just moved to this area the beginning of Feb. So we each supposedly had our credit run to rent this place which I love by the way. Anyway, we also just submitted application in with Ford because our Mazda is dying fast. Anyway, none of my reports show any of these inquiries but Jim's shows all of them. So why the freak do they take my information and with the landlord I had to pay 25 bucks, if they are not going to actually pull my reports and just act like they are going to. My credit is much better than Jim's but obviously still bad, but they haven't pulled it. I am thinking no wonder why we haven't heard anything from the dealership yet because no one wants Jim, not even subprimers. GRRRRRRRR we need a car badly. I think I could probably get one on my own if I had some income but I am a SAHM so they just use Jim's income and then hence run his credit. Okay enough of my whining:(

2. Shelly

Shelly Guest

Hi Melissa,

I gotta tell ya... we tried a few times to get financing thru Ford, which was a nightmare,,, did nothing but lie to us and then told us the only way we'd get a car is with $3500 down and buying a 5 year old vehicle!

We finally decided to go to Mazda and we didn't have any trouble. I'd say start asking around to see which car companies are willing to work with you... we have a chapter 7 (3 years old), a one year old mortgage and not very good credit and we got the financing on an $18,000 car at 6.9%, which was a nice surprise. (I was expecting 14%!)

Good Luck

3. Melissa

thanks Shelly. I will if we don't hear back from Ford today. It is getting frustrating. My mazda is 14 years old and is having major transmission problems.

4. FatJake

FatJake Guest

Mellisa,
    Have you looked into getting a rebuilt or used transmission installed($800+). They are much cheaper than having a shop rebuild yours ($2000+ in most cases). Type in foreign transmission into a search engine. Even if the companies you find are far away they can tell you who can install it in your area. This is sort of a trade secret. (Buy already rebuilt or used vs. rebuilding yours).

If your engine is still good then don't scrap your Mazda.

5. Melissa

I am going to call around today for it. But the car is having some Heat Core problems too. I just can't put a lot of money into this thing when there is also some underside wheel well rust happening too. Ugh. she is old but she still looks good considering.

6. ShyGuy

ShyGuy Well-Known Member

Ford vs. Mazda

Shelly, sounds like you got a bad dealer. Ford and Mazda are the same company. If you don't believe, go to either http://www.ford.com or http://www.mazda.com. While they don't have the product overlap that GM divisions do, some models -- such as the Ford Escape and the Mazda Tribune -- are essentially the same vehicle.

7. Shelly

Shelly Guest

Re: Ford vs. Mazda

Hi Shyguy,

I went to two different FORD dealers and got the same crap both times.. then we did a bunch of research on cars and realized that Mazda was the best choice for us.. and we had no problems with them.

If they are the same company, they aren't using the same finace company/standards then.

Ford was awful to us... back in 1994 we bought our first new car from the SAME Ford dealer that dissed us so badly.. go figure.