Top Ten Cards to have

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by anne, Apr 1, 2001.

1. anne

anne Guest

I would like to have a list of the top ten cards to increase my credit score. Which ones are easiest to obtain, is Target easy to obtain, don't ask me why I have become obsessed with having a Target card. What needs to be doen to obtain a Sears, even when mycredit was considerably better, I could not get a Sears card. I am working on waiting a year to get a Optima from AMEX. Should I consider a sub-prime or just wait to improve my score. I do want to say, I have met some very knowledgeable people (or at least read their advice) here. I just want to get a goal in mind. Thanks for any help you can give me.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Author: anne (---.bop.gov)

interesting IP, info below:

Federal Bureau of Prisons (BOP-DOM)
    320 First St. NW
    Washington, DC 20534

Domain Name: BOP.GOV

Administrative Contact:
    Ellis, Andrew (AE)
    (202) 307-3065
    HOSTMASTER@BOP.GOV

Domain servers in listed order:

GATEKEEPER.BOP.GOV 206.138.130.2
    AUTH03.NS.UU.NET 198.6.1.83

Record last updated on 06-May-98.

3. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Answering the question...

Anne, I came back from nothing - credit score probably under the basement... with Providian Classic, Direct Merchant's Bank, CapOne, all gradually increased CL, now lowering interest rates. I just got a Citi card, and got one of my old cards down to less than 15%. I also have Associates Visa (highest interest rate), moving that balnce over to another card and dumping it if they don't lower the rate. Providian is giving me a hard time about the interest rate, but if they don't lower it, I will move the balance, but keep the card since it is my oldest one. I am leaving "Sub-prime" land and entering "Prime".

I guess "the best 10 cards" for each person depends on where they're starting from.

breeze