Totally baffled??

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by author_22, Aug 28, 2001.

1. author_22

author_22 Well-Known Member

On Experian, my once "potentially negative items" Capital One charge off is now in "accounts in good standing." I was an authorized user.

It says in this so called positive listing:

Account legally paid in full for less than full balance.

It was supposed to come off in June 2006. Now it comes off in August 2008!

It said in the potentially negative items before:

paid/account charged off. $625 written off (b.s. late/overlimit fees)

This makes no sense to me!

All it seems like is Capital One changed the wording and reaged it. But why would it be in accounts under good standing?

HELP???

Steph

2. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

watch out with Capital One Recovery department!

I just found out today that they reported back to EQ, that my account was a collection account and that I owed $14 with a R5 status.

I spoke with their recovery department and they were soooo rude!

This account has a zero balance for a year and I have a letter and I know there are notes on my account from Mr. Miller, yet they ignored his request and still reported wrong and now I am going to demand the whole thing deleted because someone in their recovery dept, must think this is funny and I want to nail them. I thought it was Eq but its Capital One, so watch out for them.

If it was not for Mr. Miller, I would have long dumped this card. They are the worse for reporting, they have reported back three times with different info each time.

So I strongly suggest you contact Capital One via PFB, but if the accounts in good standing, I would leave it alone, they will probably come back reporting you owe a balance or some crazy crap.

Anyway my 2 cents!

Cypri:)

3. author_22

author_22 Well-Known Member

I see what you mean. But I do not get WHY they would say it is in good standing when basically the same info is on there as before, it just seems like the column changed.

Steph

4. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

Since this wasn't your account (you said you were an AU), you might consider getting yourself off it by disputing as "not mine".

I only say this because it sounds as you may have no control over how/when/if the former primary account holder tries to clean this up.

It may be best to cut bait.

5. SofaKing

SofaKing Well-Known Member

Sounds like the original account holder may have done one of those "reaffirmation" deals with Cap One.

The one in which they open a "new" account with the credit line being half the amount of the bad debt.

SK