Trans Union -2 in 1 letter????

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by molly, Feb 22, 2001.

1. molly

molly Well-Known Member

Has anyone else received a letter like this when doing a dispute:
    Dear Consumer
    PLEASE ACCEPT THIS CORRESPONDENCE AS NOTIFICATION THAT TRANS UNION HAS RECEIVED A LETTER DISPUTING INFORMATION CONTAINED IN YOUR CREDIT FILE.

YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FEDERAL FAIR CREDIT REORTING ACT GUARANTEE THE DISCLOSURE OF YOUR CREDIT FILE. THIS ACT ALSO AFFORDS YOU THE OPPORTUNITY TO DISPUTE AN ITEM CONTAINED WITHIN YOUR CREDIT FILE THAT YOU FEEL IS INACCURATE, AT NO CHARGE.

IF YOU USED THE SERVICES OF A "CREDIT REPAIR COMPANY (THEY ASSISTED YOU IN REQUESTING THIS DISCLOSURE OR DISPUTE AND YOU PAID A FEE FOR THIS SERVICE), YOU MAY BE INTERESTED TO KNOW THAT GOVERNMENT AGENCIES ARE IN THE PROCESS OF INVESTIGATING SOME OF THESE COMPANIES WHICH MAY BE CHARGING FEES AND OTHERWISE DECIEVING CONSUMERS. IF YOU HAVE ANY REASON TO BELIEVE THAT THE FEE CHARGED BY THE CREDIT REPAIR COMPANY WAS TOO HIGH/AND OR ITS SERVICES WERE MISREPRESENTED, PLEASE LET US KNOW IF YOU WOULD LIKE YOUR SITUATION TO BE REFERRED FOR INVESTIGATION. WITH YOUR PERMISSION, WE WILL PROVIDE THE INFROMATION YOU FURNISH ON THE FOLLOWING FORM TO THE APPROPRIATE AUTHORITIES.

PLEASE DIRECT YOUR FUTURE CORRESPONDENCE TO THE ADDRESS GIVEN ABOVE WITH THE FILE NUMBER PROVIDED IN THE UPPER RIGHT CORNER.

Also in the envelope was the standard we are investigating the item and a form that you're supposed to fill out with the agencies info. Has anyone else received this? I called today before I got this letter and the lady said the dispute was still open. SHould I be worried?

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: Trans Union -2 in 1 letter

Molly,
    Wow! MP got something similiar to that from Experian. She is using JUNUM. Experian has alot of little letters they send out, so we all dismissed it as nothing to worry about. But now with your letter, it looks like the big 3 are really trying to imtimidate us all. I guess we are all getting too many deletions.

roni

3. john

john Well-Known Member

Stop and think the credit bureaus can not stand a credit repair company deleteing information for someone because the credit repair people get the job done.

If you try deleting information you will get the run around.

If you people really knew how credit repair companys remove negative information it would send cold chills up your spine.

John

4. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

John????

John,

This is the Million Dollar Question:

How do credit repair companys really remove negative information?

Reshod

5. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: I GOT THE SAME LETTER

<nuff said>

They send this letter to folks who dont use their own dispute form, btw.

6. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

They seem to be trying to intimidate us, but the thing is, they said, IF you feel you've been misrepresented then blah blah blah. They didn't say, "You can't use a credit repair company" because that's a crock too.

I'm using Junum and I haven't received any letters like this.

Like John said, they don't want you to repair your credit. The fact that individuals and companies can burns their behinds.

If they would get some UNIFORM and FAIR and straightforward way of reporting information, then maybe they wouldn't have to worry about people disputing information.

I personally believe making someone suffer for 7 years is absolutely ridiculous. It doesn't take 7 years for someone to prove their creditworthiness. I can go for 5 years, but 7? Come on!

7. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

RE: John????

Thanks for that very important input John/Bobby/Eddie/Sue etc.

8. molly

molly Well-Known Member

I dipsuted it myself and I wrote my own letter. I only used their form for the first dispute back in July of 2000. I have been writing my own letter. But the dispute is a never received anything form the creditor that is reporting. I told them to remove it because they canot verify. I also sent letter and rr's

9. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Yep...got that from Experian

But don't worry.....my first round of disputes w/ Junum came back with no troubles from any of the Big 3.

You know what though? I would give anything to see what a letter looks like that Junum sends out. Obviously the CRAs are able to tell. I never got that kind of "Using credit repair company" letter until AFTER I started using Junum.

10. Shemp

Shemp Guest

Hey Bobby!

See how nice it is to post something constructive? Keep it up!

And try to quit posting the garbage using John/Sue/Tony etc..........

11. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: Yep...got that from Experi

I wonder too. Junum got some deletions for me too. But I wonder if they use the same letter head or print and format or something. I bet about 500 letters come from Junum a week looking all the same. Maybe that's it. With the same postmark. Heehee.

roni

12. molly

molly Well-Known Member

RE: Yep...got that from Experi

But I wrote it myself. I didn't hire Junum. Thats why I am worried. I only have one negative item and thats it.

13. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Author:SHANTEL I personally believe making someone suffer for 7 years is absolutely ridiculous. It doesn't take 7 years for someone to prove their creditworthiness. I can go for 5 years, but 7? Come on!
    __