Trans Union and FICO Score

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Killer, Dec 7, 2000.

1. Killer

Killer Guest

I remember reading back in April at bankrate.com that Trans Union will start providing FICO score to consumers in December 2000. Well it's December! Has anyone actually obtained theirs? Does anyone have any information. I didn't see any phone number on their web-site other than a automated line. In addition, their site says nothing about providing FICO score. I am owed a free report from them (you know I'm always getting denied credit!). If they are offering score I want order right now!

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

That's what I read to, by the end of the year but so far I haven't seen or heard anymore about it. Let's hope it does come very soon:)

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

The site still "claims" it will be available by end of the year, probably Dec 31:(

4. Killer

Killer Guest

Great! I'm waiting!

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

GOT TRANSUNION MONDAY OR TUESDAY NO "FICO" OR ANY OTHER SCORE.

6. Killer

Killer Guest

Thx

7. dave

dave Well-Known Member

RE: Has anyone called?

If the website still says by the end of the year, are they truly planning to still to that?

8. Michael

Michael Guest

As I read it on their website they promise to give us a credit score, not specificaly a FICO Score!

9. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

The score is in development at this time, but will be available, free of charge,
    when you request a copy of your credit report from Trans Union, by the end of
    this year.

CUT AND PASTED FROM WWW.TRANSUNION.COM

10. Killer

Killer Guest

Development? Don'y they have them already? What are they developing?

11. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Let's just hope it's not the worthknowing formula, we all know that stinks. they never specified FICO scoring.

12. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Why it is in development, is because it is a "FICO-LIKE" scoring system.

HOPE THIS HELPS.