Trans Union dispute

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Angela, Jan 16, 2001.

1. Angela

Angela Guest

Has anyone disputed an item over the telephone with TU. If so, How did it go?

2. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

I did, they are very pleasant to deal with. At least the rep I spoke with was. I had former addresses deleted. Setting up to have a elec. bill collection removed. Ex stuck me a good one, didn't even know for 4 years. My last dispute was Acct. not mine. No answer yet.

3. Chet

Chet Well-Known Member

They deleted some things right over the phone when I spoke to them. I guess I was lucky! Definately try over the phone.

chet

4. Cindy

Cindy Well-Known Member

Thanks for the information, Jamie and Chet. I am waiting for my new TU report to arrive, with bated breath ;-) It is currently my best report, with only 5 negative items, one of which is due to fall off this year (paid collection). Maybe I can get the other negative items off via the phone!

Cheers,
    Cindy

5. CCMax

CCMax Guest

I also had good fortune with them after a lot of trying. back in december, i had one account that was due to be dropped in Feb, and after three calls I got a sympathetic agent who just deleted it. Still Trans Union is my "neutral" report--most of the negatives are gone, but only one of my positive tradelines currently reports to them.

CC

6. confused

confused Guest

It went okay. They wanted me to gfx proof of payment and even after I did, it took me a while to make them delete the eroneous info. The collection agent had gone out of business right in the middle of our dispute and sold its accounts to another agent. I got results, finally.

7. John Shimm

John Shimm Guest

If the collection agency goes out of business, then the collection account listed under that business name MUST be removed. It can show up, eventually, under the new name (whoever they sold it to), but the original collection agency line item MUST be deleted (unverifiable).