Trans Union disputes.......

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by roni, Nov 20, 2001.

1. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Sorry to tell you gang, but I'm looking at a fresh report from Trans Union dated 11/13/2001.

8 inquiries deleted!

2. QUEEN_BEE

QUEEN_BEE Well-Known Member

Congratulations

3. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

Way to go, Bkev!!!

That doesn't sound like something to apologize about! :D That's happy news for all of us. Cheer up.

Doc

4. G. Fisher

G. Fisher Banned

The big question is: What are those who placed the (I assume, illegal) inquiries doing to change their procedures so it doesn't happen again?

How about naming some names?

5. PsychDoc

Greg, I don't think they're removing illegal inquiries. Basically, Bkev's "never applied for credit -- please delete" method is an untruth proferred in order to persuade Trans Union to delete inquiries. So, to answer your question, I don't think "naming names" makes sense in this context.

Doc

6. G. Fisher

G. Fisher Banned

I do. And I'm about to.

Wait until you see the responses I'm getting in reply to my letter regarding the "permissible purpose" for their inquries.

7. KHM

KHM Well-Known Member

What I don't understand is what is EQU's problem. Experian gives you the option to dispute the inquiries right online, TU (for the most part disputes them) but EQU says 'they are factual'. Are they right in saying it's factual or are they just that lazy?
    Kellie

8. bbauer

bbauer Banned

I for one will be awaiting that eagerly. Should be interesting to say the least.

9. PsychDoc

I too am interested in what you come up with, Greg... This one should send a few shockwaves, LOL.

Doc

10. Kittw1

Kittw1 Well-Known Member

Well, I got the old standard letter about we don't fool with inquiries...Did anyone get this and still had inquiries removed?

11. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

SCENARIO~~~
    I have a MBNA card, I ask them to increase the credit limit after 6 years of NO INCREASE (with-out a credit report)...they "PULL" WITH-OUT permission...

I SAID NO CREDIT REPORT...OR DON'T BOTHER!!!

AR'S DONT WORK???
    10 YEARS OF PAYMENT HISTORY DOESN'T WORK???

12. PsychDoc

Nope, not for you, George. You've got too much credit already. :)

Doc

13. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

That is alright...I'M GOING TO "DISCOVERCARD" MBNA...on 12/31/01(sock drawer)...

MY 1.70% expires...

14. PsychDoc

LOL, that sounds like a good plan!

Doc

15. Om

Om Well-Known Member

Well BKEV, you're luckier than I am. I said I was going for a hat trick and got it, tried 3x's and got three lettters saying they don't dispute inquiries. I guess you could say 4 for 4 if you count the phone call. The last time they even sent me the addresses to the creditors for me to contact.

-Om

16. G. Fisher

G. Fisher Banned

My apologies, Doc; I was too quick on the trigger with my last response. I see what you mean, here, in the clear light of the quiet morning.

The tricking of the CRA is just as annoying to me, though. It means loose standards and lower aggregate accuracy. As in your academia, we're graded on a curve, so even though my score may stay at the same number, the bogus score of another which just increased makes my score lower, relatively.

The obsessive, churning machinations of people fiddling with their credit files is indicative of a system out of control.

But, it's a living.

I'm with Bill, though: Look for the bigger answer, because if you wrestle with pigs, they love it, and all you get is muddy (or something like that).