Trans Union duplicate entry

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by tommyy, Oct 26, 2001.

1. tommyy

tommyy Well-Known Member

Hello,
    I paid a CA off 8 months ago. For what ever reason this shows twice on my TU report. The entries are identical except for the $ amounts are different by $1. I called the CRA and they stated that this CA reported one as an 'open type' of account and the second one as a 'revolving account' so TU treats them as two different accounts? This was not a revolving acct. Clearly this is an error on the CA input. I called the CA (UNIFUND Co.) in Cincinnati and left 3 messages over 4 days with no returned call yet. I know I'm correct in saying it is one account. What can I do? Isn't this against the FCRA laws? Can someone please help or have any suggestions? Thanks!

2. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Certified, RRR letter telling them to fix it or face the consequences!!

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

If you dealt with a collection agency, also look to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act for help.....

Look again.... are the account numbers the same also? If so, just call TU and draw their attention to that... They should delete on the spot........

4. tommyy

tommyy Well-Known Member

Thanks for the response KBev!
    The account #'s, the name of the CA, the open and paid date are the same. The only differnce is the $ amt ($287 vs. $288). I explained it was an obvious duplication and the TU rep stated her info showed one being reported as an open type acct and the other as a revolving acct. These are codes used to id the type of trade line I guess. She stated to get a letter from Unifund collections explaining why this is a duplicate, etc. I called Unifund 3 or 4 times and they don't call back probably because stupid me paid them 8 months ago. What specific area of the fair debt law do I quote in my letter?
    Thanks again!

5. tommyy

tommyy Well-Known Member

Breeze,
    Thanks for the feedback! I'm sorry, but what is an RRR?

6. KHM

KHM Well-Known Member

OH OH OH! I have a quick question there are 2 medical bills on my hubbys CR that are different by 1 number (the last number) they are the same amount and the same date, can I just call up and have that removed?
    KHM

7. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

Return Receipt Requested. And, sorry, but I'm not breeze. tee hee

8. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Different account numbers... Sorry, not cleared with a simple call. It does show an attempt to posion your credit file by repeatedly reporting the same information. Contact a SUPERVISOR with the company tell them they're breaking the law by reporting the account more than once...

9. tommyy

tommyy Well-Known Member

KBev,

The account #'s are the "SAME" the $ amounts are $1 different. I will call the TU supervisor on Monday. Thanks!

10. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

CERTIFIED MAIL RETURN RECEIPT REQUESTED (GREEN CARD) FROM POST OFFICE...

11. roni

roni Well-Known Member

OK... my mistake... I was trying to cut down on the length of the posts here.... I was responding to KHM's account numbers not being the same....

If the account numbers are the same, call!!!!

12. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

That's right.