Trans Union Success!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Cindy, Mar 4, 2001.

1. Cindy

Cindy Well-Known Member

OK, so the last one of my reports just showed up...TU.

I had disputed the SIX remaining negative items, not four as I had previously stated (forgot to turn the page over!). Here are the not-so-good results:

1. Charge Off #1, remains
    2. Charge Off #2, remains
    3. Charge Off #3, remains.
    But on all three of the above, no dates were changed so they will all fall off in about a year and a half or so...and I will dispute them again.

Here are the GOOD results:
    4. 30-day late account, DELETED (this is an old, paid account, and now it's gone from both TU and Equifax!)
    5. Judgement DELETED (BTW, the amount owed is being paid currently, and now it's gone from TU and Experian!)
    6. Old bank account w/paid overdraft, DELETED

Woohoo! Only three negatives left, and no more public records!

I'm REALLY excited about my next round of disputes on this one....

Cheers,
    Cindy

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Cindy...How?

How did you get the public record off Transunion. Which form letter or what did the letter say? I have a public record for $600 which I just paid that I need to get off.

roni

3. Cindy

Cindy Well-Known Member

Re: Cindy...How?

Roni,

Believe it or not, I actually used the dispute form that was included with the credit report. I wrote a very short note (in the small space that they give you on those forms), indicating that the judgement was never enforced on me, that I never received any legal documents referring to it, and that I had a payment plan set up with the original creditor. This is all true, of course, but I was VERY amazed that two of the big three deleted the listing! I figured that it didn't hurt to try...

Cheers,
    Cindy

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Re: Cindy...How?

Thanks alot Cindy. That is exactly what happened with my public record. I was never served anything about the tickets. I dont know where they get tax lien from. I will just have to work something out with transunion.

roni

5. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

Is the judgement listed on

Equifax. TU and Experian deleted my judgement as well. But Equifax will not delete it. I sent them the same documentation which showed that the judgement was "dismissed". Still on my report.

6. Cindy

Cindy Well-Known Member

Re: Is the judgement listed on

Yes, it's still on Equifax, unfortunately. I plan to try and re-dispute it later this year.

Cheers,
    Cindy

7. mother2

Equifax is sooo darn stubborn

I guess I'm going to work on repairing TU and Experian. Then let the repair co do Equifax.

8. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Credit bureau ratings.

equifax is the toughest
    experian is the sneakiest
    transunion is the laziest/dumbest.

that is how i rate 'em.

roni

9. mother2

Hmmm, with that said

I think I'm going after TU first. I'm going to dispute my negs and see what happens? As usual, thanks Roni