Trans Union Update

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Terry, Jun 29, 2001.

1. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

Ok, now I am seething! Quick debrief: Trans Union claims to have verified 5 tradelines. I wrote them and asked them for the names, addresses, phone numbers, that verified the information.

They sent me another letter telling me it would take until the end of July. (Keep in mind they signed the return receipt on June 14, 2001). I fired them off a letter telling them they had 15 days to provide the information ( according to my calculation it should be around 29th of June). If I don't have something by the end of next week, I am off to my local magistrate. I will sue! What the heck it only costs fifty bucks. Lets see how fast they respond. I will call every news station in my area including 60 minutes ect and tell the nation what they did. How they can break the law and get away with it. I will urge everyone watching to check their reports and send disputes to Trans Union, and they should request names addresses, and phone numbers of people who verified information as correct.

Here is the worst part: I disputed a judgement ( for my National Direct Student Loan) because I had the loan rehabilitated on 4/1/2001. They claimed they verified the tradeline. Not only that, it was verified as PAID. They added an additional tradeline. So I have 2 tradelines that have the exact same information!

Sometimes it is so difficult to believe that the credit bureaus are so inept! The thing that really gets to me is the laws are not written to protect (us) from them. They can basically do what they want and get away with it. The FTC is a JOKE, its a waste of my tax dollars!

Guess what, I am fed up and I am not going to take it anymore! Thanks for reading my post, as you can tell I needed to blow off a little steam.

2. pfinbar

pfinbar Member

I would put you in touch with the way to fix your problem via e mail for nothing, but you don't allow e mail.

Send me an e mail to:
    pfmcgarry@yahoo.com

I make no guarantees, nor would I charge a dime. I will put you in touch with the right person at TransUnion to fix yor problem.