Trans Union Update

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Terry, Jul 20, 2001.

1. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

Hello everyone. I received very good news from Trans Union today! They removed 6 negative tradelines! Summary: In May I disputed 6 tradelines. I received the results of the investigation stating all the tradelines remain the same. They "claimed" they verified. I sent them a letter asking for "methods of verification". I stated to them that I wanted the phone numbers, names, and addresses ect. I should have had this information by 6/29/01.

I sent them a certified letter pointing out by law they had 15 days from 6/14/01 (date they signed for the letter asking for the proceedures of verification). I sent them another letter on 6/29/01 stating by law I should have the information.

I called Trans Union. The rep told me they had 30 days to reinvestigate. I informed him I didn't ask for a reinvestigation I am asking for the "proceedures used to verify". He told me 30 days. I said OK and hung up.

I went to my local magistrate, and filed a complaint. I created a paper trail. I stated my case in the complaint, and (as per Lizardking) I made it very easy for them to settle this with the deletion of a few tradelines. Today, I receive a letter in the mail with an updated credit report, all negatives gone for good! The letter gave me a manager that should any of the previously listed accounts reappear, make a phone call and they will be deleted.

I only wish I had done this in the beginning of my journey. I am waiting for the results from my Experian report. If they "claim" to have verified one account, off to the magistrate I will go again! I will SUE!

I should state most of the accounts that were charged off were very old. They would have been deleted from my report within a year. So, I know they didn't investigate anything! Trans Union got caught in a lie. That is the bottom line, if you can PROVE that a CRA lied, take them to your local magistrate. Make sure you create a paper trail.

2. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Way 2 go Terry. Nice use of LizardKing's settle for deletion method. Congratulations.

-Dave

3. nj_newbie

nj_newbie Well-Known Member

Hi,

Can you share the letter you used to ask them to prove that they verified. I could sure use it. I think I will start a paper trial.

Thanks.

4. molly

molly Well-Known Member

What address did you send the first letter stating to prove who verified within 15 days?

5. chriscraft

chriscraft Well-Known Member

Terry, great job. I like your thinking. I am in the process of doing exactly what you did - about a month ago, I had all three bureaus "verify" my negative accounts (which they never did verify, of course) and I then sent them each a "verification procedure" demand letter. They received the demand letter on the 10th of this month, so once the 26th rolls around, I will be filing suit in Small Claims Court against all three of them.

To help me - and the rest of us - down the path which you have already taken, would you mind posting on the board (1) the language you used to state the claim you raised in your complaint, and (2) the settlement letter which you sent to them with the complaint. That would be really helpful.

I have to admit to at first being a little bit reticent about taking the litigation approach with these guys, but the more I find out about how they operate and treat us, it gets easier to head that direction.

Again, congrats!

6. metallicat

metallicat Well-Known Member

Can you post a copy of your lawsuit and settlement offer letter(s)? Thanks.

7. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

Newest rage: sue a CRA! Good for you.

8. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

Lizardking, looks you have started a trend!

I will be going down to my local magistrate and file a law suit against Trans Union and Merchant's Association on Monday.

I am having some serious issues with their credit bureau division and their collection.

But against MA collection division, I want money because these bastards have ignored continued to ignore my requests for validation and still reporting and they tried to re age it by reporting that the account recently became past due again and it tanked my score 18 points on EX and they had the audacity to report that the item should remain on my file indefinitely, and EX put it on there!!!!!

Anyway,, let me calm down a bit,,, deep breaths......

well that establishes proof of their negligence and abuse.

The item is not mine and the SOL has run and its due off in March of next year. BUT IT IS NOT MY ACCOUNT AND I HAVE SUFFERED ENOUGH IN SIX YEARS FOR THIS CRAP.

If only I had check my reports sooner.

Sorry just needed to vent, but I will be maling a trip to the court house and stick it to Trans Union/MA

Cypri:)

9. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

Thanks for all of you wellwishers! lol

I would be happy to share the letters I sent to the CRA's. If anyone wishes a copy, please send an email to ts728@home.com, and I will respond. Letters I will share with anyone that requests:

Attorney General Complaint
    FTC Complaint
    Copy of proceedures used to verify
    Dispute letters-I kept very simple, and hand wrote.
    Validation Letter-posted on this board
    2nd Validation Letter-posted on this board
    Settlement Letter for CRA

I started my journey in Dec of 1999. It is a frustrating process! My Experian report was about 40 pages! I had about 30 tradelines of student loans. Today, my Experian report is the worse 600 fico. There are several tradelines that should be removed. BUT I am going to let them hang themselves, as I know they will! I have 6 tradelines in dispute, and I am sure they are going to come back verified, then I will send them a letter asking for the proceedures for the verification process, if I don't have it in 15 days its off to the magistrate! <laughing> they will know me by name by the time I am done.

I learned everything right on this board. I have read every post several times, to learn.Trans Union is clean, Equifax has one collection account that ages off in a few months.

I want a mortgage next year at a prime rate! I don't want a subprime mortgage at a high interest rate.

10. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

Terry, about Experian

and why your score is so low. If you've had student loan issues in the past Experian has a habit of classifying you CURRENTLY past due.

Eg: Student loan once past due in 1998 but paid in full now

Equifax: I1 rating (meaning presently current)
    Experian i5. Yes, I5.

and this is for a paid off account. They told me they rate accounts ever late eg: 120+ as I5. but anyone knows an I5 makes it look as though you're currently past due.

The Experian reports they send us don't show the ratings (unlike Equifax that does) so until my mortgage broker pulled my score I had no clue it was an issue. I never would have known either.

Have a mortgage report run, or just call experian. They verified to me that their system said I5 for a paid loan. That's nuts.

The conspiracy here is that you'd never know they're kicking you in the shins by looking at your report.

Call and see. It's a score driver and you look to your creditor like you're currently late.

I'm including it in my lawsuit. I actually think it's a class action deal, but I am leaving it alone except for my own reports.

11. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

Re: Terry, about Experian

Hi Marie,

Its the oddest thing. Most of my student loan tradelines have been removed. My loans were bought and sold so many times over the years that I think the CRA's were confused. I am down to 7 tradelines that reflect accurate status: Open/Never Late.

I wish I could show you my past reports. You would be able to see all of the tradelines. I mean I had several tradeline for one dispursement date. It looks like they are perfect on all three credit reports. Your post has me a little concerned.

When I receive my updated report from Experian, and ask for the methods used to verify, I am going to ask about that. I know I will have to take them to court. I am going to question student loans.