Trans Union/What does this mean???

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by danrs, Jul 27, 2001.

1. danrs

danrs Well-Known Member

I sent a request for verification process letter to all 3 CRA's. Letter stated I wanted Name, address, telephone, method of verification, etc.

TU return receipt shows they signed for theirs on 19 July.

Today I get a letter in the mail stating the following:

"Dear Consumer,

Thank you for your recent correspondence regarding your Trans Union credit report.

To discuss your specific questions or concerns with a consumer relations representative, you may contact our office by telephone at 800 916 8800 between the hours of 815 to 415 pm monday thru friday.

Please include the file number from the upper right corner on all future correspondence with trans union.

Sincerely Consumer Reations Dpt."

What is this? Did they put the ball back in my court, or is there still more information to come? Is this their way of blowing me off, or just acknowleging receipt of the letter and letting me know they are working on it?

Don't get me wrong, I WANT them to blow me off, becasue if the info I requested isn't here by the 15th day, I'm going straight to file a suit in small claims, then try to settle with them in return for removal.

Lastly, is this their way of saying "we have your info if you call, and you must call for the info"?

Any help appreciated.

2. OtherTerri

OtherTerri Well-Known Member

I have called them twice, and both times they were helpful. Maybe this is a good thing?

3. danrs

danrs Well-Known Member

I would call, but what I'm trying to get done is for them to NOT fufill their obligations under the FCRA, so I can then make them think I'm going to drag their butts into court.

Does this letter fufill their obligation?

4. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

The law says they must provide that info within 15 days. They did not answer to any of the requests in that letter. I would send 1 more letter advising them they have until such date to submit that info to you.

5. Lionel

Lionel Well-Known Member

Not being a finance/credit lawyer, it sounds to me like the letter they sent actually does fulfill their time-limit obligation, because they are (vaguely) asking you to call in to supply some more info.

If threatened with legal action they can easily say they reponded with a request for further action, but then *you* did not respond.

6. danrs

danrs Well-Known Member

LKH,

Do you mean I should send another letter immediately telling them their response was not satisfactory, or wait until the 15 days are up, and give them another 15 days?

Thanks,

Dan

7. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

I would send another letter now, advising them that your original letter requested info on how items were verified and with whom. Tell them their response did not address anything you requested and they have until such date to comply or they will have violated the FCRA.