Transunion and giving us our s

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by roni, Nov 11, 2000.

1. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I was re-reading the tranunion's info at their site about giving consumers their scores by the end of the year. If you read it carefully, it says they are working on the scores now. To me that kind of sounds like they are gonna give us an imitation score. Why would they have to work on something they give out everyday. I figure it will be like the Worthknowing score or the 123creditprofiler score. Thoughts?

roni.

2. Killer

Killer Guest

RE: Transunion and giving us o

Yea I heard it will not be the same scoring system used for creditors. That's no good!

3. BLE103

BLE103 Guest

Ethier they use the real software for calcalating the score or could transunion be hit with a lawsuit for flasefication of consumer information on their credit scores?

4. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Trans-union has so many scoring models it's not funny. Seriously, theres scoring models for credit, car, residential,collections etc etc. I mean seriously gotta be at least 5 different models, and several variants of each of the scoring models..

5. Johnny

Johnny Guest

I have a loan company when i run a report on a subject that want's to buy a auto i get the score every time.

Overland Loans

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I'm sure they are not going to have a scoring system that is useless.
    JUST A THOUGHT.

IF MILLIONS ARE EXPECTING USEFUL NUMBERS, AND THEY HAD A USELESS SCORING SYSTEM, THEY WOULD HAVE THOUSANDS OF CALLS EVERY DAY, AND BAGS OF MAIL, EVERY DAY.

Still waiting on the edge of my seat for it to came out.

7. db

db Guest

I read somewhere that Governor Davis in California signed a bill that will require credit grantors to divulge fico scores. I believe the bill is supposed to take effect July, 2001. Anyone know anything about this?

8. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Well shoot.

What would be the point on that I want my real scores darn it. I hope not but after reading it, it sures seems like it will be some goofy scoring system and not FICO, but we can always hope right??

9. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

RE: Well shoot.

Maybe FICO is goofy, and this other score will be an accurate representation of your current ability to repay credit.