Transunion credit repair letter

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by bbauer, Nov 11, 2001.

1. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Some possible answers to Transunion's request to know if you are using a credit repair company
    ------------------------------------------
    Name of Credit Repair Company. (Trans something or other. Don't remember)
    Contact person/phone. (Please provide)
    Address or credit repair company.(http://www.transunion.com) I think that's it.
    Amount they charged.(I'm scared to ask. I thought it was for free)
    What they Promised.(honest & complete investigation of items on my file provided within 30 days)
    Did the credit repair company give you your report?.(Can't tell. 30 days are not up yet)
    If yes, what date was your report pulled?.(please provide)
    Under what company name?. Me, Myself & I, Inc.?????????
    Your complaint:.Credit Repair Company asks too damned many nosey questions that are none of their business.
    Your telephone number:.(Unlisted)
    If you need more room, please use the back of this form. It would be helpful for you to attach any brochures or documents you have received from the credit repair company.(I got about 5 or 6 pages of junk. I'll be happy to send them to you. Please provide stamped S.A.S.E. with sufficient postage to cover costs of mailing plus a U.S. Postal Money Order in the amount of $4.95 shipping and handling. No checks please.)

2. author_22

author_22 Well-Known Member

ROFLMAO!

3. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

Here are my suggestions:
    Name of Credit Repair Company. (Equifax Credit Repair Services, Inc.)
    Contact person/phone. (Bob Cutrone, 770-375-2708, Equifax Vice President)
    Address of credit repair company. (5505 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd., Atlanta GA 30374-0241)
    Amount they charged. ($0 up front; $75/month thereafter.)
    What they Promised. (They sold me on the fact that they're also the largest credit reporting agency, which also suggests that they are credible and won't misrepresent.)
    Did the credit repair company give you your report? (Yes. Ever since Equifax began their own credit repair firm, one of the biggest selling points is that they will forward one new report per week.)
    If yes, what date was your report pulled? (Just began with their service.)
    Under what company name? (Equifax.)
    Your complaint: (No complaints yet! I think Trans Union and Experian should also get into the credit repair business, or else Equifax will sew it up!)
    Your telephone number: (Unlisted)
    If you need more room, please use the back of this form. It would be helpful for you to attach any brochures or documents you have received from the credit repair company. (n/a)

Wouldn't that blow their mind?

Doc :)

4. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Yes, Doc, It would not do much for their tranquil state of mind. I wonder who else can come up with some other variations.

If we can get some more good input, maybe we can devise a really good sample letter.

I must say, I like yours better than mine.

5. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Well, one of my attorneys has answered my fax about these letters demanding to know about what Credit Repair Organizations people are using.

The answer is that sending out such a questionaire is grounds for a lawsuit against the offending credit bureau for "Tortious Interference with Contractural Relations" by the consumer and a credit repair organization may have a Deceptive Trade Practice Act claim against the Credit bureau as well.

I have also contacted atty John Cochran of Los Angeles by fax in regards to this matter to see what he has to say. Another atty that I have contacted is my long time friend and atty Larry Becraft of Huntsville, Ala. who is a nationally renowed expert in Constitutional matters.

This could get real interesting very quickly.

Of course, we already know that the credit bureau would come back with the argument that they were merely trying to inform the consumer so they were perfectly within their right to do that.

We all know that there is a general anti-credit repair movement. See e.g. NJ AG v. 1-800-yes-credit in Fed. Supp. Reporter series.

6. bbauer

bbauer Banned

So instead of a funny filling in of the blanks, it now appears that the proper answer to TU and other credit bureaus demanding to know if you are using a credit repair firm might be to do the following.

I am very dismayed at your suggestion that I may be using a credit repair firm. But I am absolutely appalled that a major international firm of your stature would commit such an obvious infraction of the Deceptive Trade Practices Act.

If I were indeed using a Credit Repair company as you so insidiously suggest, I would immediately and without further ado file a lawsuit against you for TORTIOUS INTERFERENCE WITH CONTRACTUAL RELATIONS as well as a lawsuit for violation of THE DECEPTIVE TRADE PRACTICES ACT.

Please do not insult my intelligence in such a fashion again or I will immediately refer the matter to my attorney with demand for immediate legal action against you.

I have made lawful request of you to verify a report about me in my credit files. May I respectfully suggest that you complete your investigation within the time period alloted you by law and in the event that you are able to verify this report that you supply me with the name, company address and company phone number of the perrson having verified the report and a full and complete report on the method you used to perform your investigation.

Please be advised that your failure to complete your investigation and comply with the law may result in legal action against you for something much more serious than a violation of FCRA.

Sincerely

I tend to think that the above might make them gulp a bit.

7. Quixote

Quixote Well-Known Member

Does that mean they are (I really shouldn't, should I?) Gulpable?

8. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Yes, and in my opinion, a class action suit against them might be the way to go in order to get a fairly large number of people complaining about this action on the part of credit bureaus.
    If I get say a half dozen or so people who can provide me with proof that they have been the victims this type of pettifoggery then I believe that I just might be able to find a top notch attorney willing to go to bat for them.

9. doodyhead

doodyhead Well-Known Member

Dear Transunion,
    Wow, I can actually get my credit repaired? Thanks for the info. By the way, can you recommend someone for me to use?

Thanks!

Doody

10. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Randy,

Is that Equifax VP name, address and phone number valid? IF so, I need to send a serious letter to him about an account that is being reported incorrectly, and continually updated to deflate my score.

Thanks,

11. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

Marci, Bob Cutrone is an Equifax VP, and that's his office number. I've never interacted with him, however. Bob Cutrone was one of the people Greg Fisher interacted with during the time Greg was pushing for Equifax and other CRAs to disclose scores. Greg listed Cutrone's name and phone number on the creditscoring.com web site.

Doc

12. roni

roni Well-Known Member

That is old information. Bob Cutrone is not in the United States any more... he hasn't been for over six months. The reps/supervisors/managers on the customer support line will tell you to contact him because it's a stall tactic. The new person's name is Robin Holland. She took his place as the VP of the Office of Consumer Affairs. Their address is PO BOX 105139, Atlanta, 30348 and telephone number is 770-375-3114. Unlike the 800 number, these people are knowledgable and very nice.

Good luck!

13. marci

marci Well-Known Member

bkev,

Thank you for the invaluable information. If it is okay, I'd like to e-mail you with the specifics and ask for your input on what I want to say to Ms. Holland. Your e-mail on creditnet is not enabled, but mine is (for the time being). Please, if you don't mind, drop me an e-mail.

Thanks,

14. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Thanks, Bkev, for your invaluable help!

:)

15. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Couldn't be the credit industry don't want correct info. in reports becauise they want scores to be low so they can continue to use fico to overprice products that overcharge consumers could it ?

16. bbauer

bbauer Banned

I'm sure you are quite correct, Mr. Brown. Beyond a shadow of a doubt as a matter of fact. Now then, I realize that I am as green as a gourd and as dumb as a fence post, but there still remains a problem in my mind. How do they get the little price stickers out of Fico to put on the merchandise they overprice in the stores?