Transunion deletions

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by tom65432, Aug 20, 2001.

1. tom65432

tom65432 Well-Known Member

My son has been out of school for almost two years and has been paying his Stafford loans on time (he has ten, totaling $13,000).

All of a sudden, TU started reporting these on my credit report (some are as old as five years and none have never showed up on my report before).

I wrote TU a letter explaining these belonged to my son and I was never a cosigner nor dd I have any obligation. I got my dispute back, showing all 10 loans deleted. BUT, the actual report still shows six of them listed as mine.

Is this just sloppiness? Do I need to write them again or will it take a few days for my report to change? Does this affect my FICO score at all in that they are all current and have never been late?

2. tom65432

Just got my report in the mail a few minutes ago. They sent a new one because I called and asked for my FICO score so this one is about 5 days newer.

Two of the loans that were supposedly deleted are showing up now as transferred to another lender. The other four are now showing up as a student loan not in repayment. Four were deleted entirely.

When this first showed up in my report about 40 days ago, they all showed as mine. My dispute explained they all belonged to my son. The report last week (on the cover sheet that shows the resolution of the dispute) shows all were deleted. But now they have added them back in, but with different information showing.

They sent me a new dispute form. I guess I will send it back to them and explain their stupidity.

3. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

TU's foul ups sure make for a lot of work on the consumers end. I had a teeny dispute which triggered a mass of foul ups and now everything is really a mess. All of the work to straighten it will have to be at my effort and time.

This started when I disputed one account that was listed as "unrated" when in fact it was a perfect tradeline installment loan paid off in 1995. They updated that one, deleted 2 other positive tradelines, verified an account I never disputed (also a positive), added my husband under my social (!!!!!!), and show an account as closed when it is indeed open and active even though last report it was showing as open correctly.

This is such NONSENSE! Thank goodness I'm not in the position of some here who have to get things right in a hurry for a mortgage approval or car loan. I have plenty of time to get it straightened out but other consumers might not. It's an outrage!

4. tom65432

I thought about this some more. This does not seem to be affecting my score because they are all positives, I decided to dispute one per month for the next six month. I will ask them to send me my FICO score each time they make a correction. This will let me monitor my TU report for free for the next 6-8 months.