transunion hard copy file(long

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by bjoe, Feb 22, 2001.

1. bjoe

bjoe Active Member

I received my updated transunion report today and am pissed (or should I be?) I sent in a dispute exactly 30 days ago on a charge-off and civil judgment. The charge-off was deleted and the judgment remained without stating any kind of verification. I called the number listed on the report to ask what is going on. The rep advised me that the judgment was never investigated. I stated that I have a copy of the letter and it clearly disputes both. She said that she was in the California office and I would have to call the PA office in the morning since that is where I mailed the dispute. She further said IF they can find my original letter, they will have to delete without investigation since 30 days is up.

I have read many places that the CRA's shred correspondence on receipt. Has anyone run into this problem? Can I expect them to produce the original? Any ideas for a plan of attack other than waiting another 30 days.

PS this board is great. My wife got her equifax report back today with ALL 3 disputes deleted!

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: transunion hard copy file(

That is why you always send certified.

roni

3. bjoe

bjoe Active Member

I did send my letter certified. The problem is they didn't read it thoroughly the first time. I know they got it because they deleted the charge-off. What are the chances they still have it?

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Just send in the letter again with the first dispute attached. Threaten to report them to the FTC because they ignored your first dispute and demand immediate removal. What the rep told you was correct. But you have to do something about it. Phone calls without written proof or threats will not take care of it. Transunion is very careless with trashing disputes.

roni

5. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

roni wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Just send in the letter again with the first dispute attached. Threaten to report them to the FTC because they ignored your first dispute and demand immediate removal. What the rep told you was correct. But you have to do something about it. Phone calls without written proof or threats will not take care of it. Transunion is very careless with trashing disputes.

roni
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Rite R. Make it work against them and for you"

6. bjoe

bjoe Active Member

This may be good. I called the PA office and the rep said she would pull my original - she assured me they do file all correspondence. I followed up with a certified demand for removal.