Transunion Has Really Ticked Me Off

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by ohnostuck, Nov 14, 2001.

1. ohnostuck

ohnostuck Well-Known Member

I just looked at a new copy of my credit report. They did remove everything that I disputed. Great huh? Not really. They took the liberty of adding a consumer statement. I did not request this or mention a statement in ANY way. Here is what they added....DO NOT CONFUSE WITH CONSUMERS OF SIMILAR IDENTIFICATION; VERIFY ALL IDENTIFYING INFORMATION.

Is that illegal for them to do?

Also after having a judgment, a charge-off for 1956, and a 539 phone bill removed my score went from a 626 to a 565. There is NOTHING NEW ADDED. That is a 61 point DROP and NOTHING bad was added just bad things removed. WTH?

2. ohnostuck

ANYONE??

3. Bill B

Bill B Well-Known Member

Hey! they did the same damn thing to me 2

4. ohnostuck

This is a crock.

5. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

Unless I'm mistaken, I believe this is a notation that only TU (ans you, of course) sees.

My boyfriend has had it on his report for over 2 decades since his dad is "junior" and he is "III".

It keeps TU from mixing his Dad's report (or even his grandfather's) with his own.

Just my $0.1 -- hey rates ARE down, right!

6. donna8284

donna8284 Well-Known Member

Same thing happened to me. I just disputed it online saying that I never added a statement nor did I want a statement on there. It was removed-no problems