Transunion Inquires Success

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by heather, Apr 28, 2001.

1. heather

heather Well-Known Member

I have been fighting Transunion over scads of inquires that were done in 1999 and 2000 by someone I was trying to get a home loan through and a car dealership. The first time they deleted 4 or 5, I just got a letter today and they took off 7 more. I still have 17 inquires dating from 8/8/1999 How long before they fall off, and since I have disputed inquires twice, should I give it up now, or try more?

2. Pat

Pat Well-Known Member

Heather,
    Inquiries stay on for 2 years. So it looks like your 17 will go away on their own this august or september. Although I don't think it would hurt to keep disputing them. Especially if you don't have any other more pressing disputes with that CRA.

3. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

What was your strategy for disputing the inquires with the CRA?

Thanks

4. heather

heather Well-Known Member

I did not have a strategy, I saw the letter that one person posted on this board after I sent the disputes. I wrote that under the Fair Credit Reporting thing that it was my right to dispute inquires that I did not authourize. A housing lender ran my credit through about 15 companies, some companies had multiple inquires days apart. I told them my credit score was terrible and that all of these unauthourized inquires were making it even harder for me to obtain credit. I then listed the inquires at the bottom of the letter along with the date and told them I was demanding that they be removed. I got a letter back after the first round saying something along the line that they could really not be disputed, but they deleted several anyway. If I can get my letter found in Word I will post it here. It really seemed to work this last round.