Transunion Inquiries

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Reshod, Jun 22, 2000.

1. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

Help, I received a letter today from Transunion, disputing the numerous inquries on my credit report. They replied:

THE INQUIREIES SHOWN ON YOUR CREDIT REPORT ARE A FACTUAL RECORD OF THE COMPANIES WHO HAVE RECEIVED YOUR CREDIT REPORT. THEY CAN ONLY BE ENTERED ON YOUR REPORT WHEN AN INQUIRY IS, IN FACT, MADE.

THESE INQUIRIES WILL REMAIN ON YOUR FILE FOR TWO YEARS.

HOW DO I MAKE THESE PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THAT I DID NOT ASK FOR SOME OF THESE INQUIRIES, SO THAT THEY ARE DELETED?? I KNOW THAT THIS IS TAKING A TOLL ON THE CREDIT ACCURACY OF MY CREDIT REPORT.

THANKS IN ADVANCE,
    RESHOD

2. BarryN - C

BarryN - C Guest

Reshod,

It is not usually prudent to dispute inquiries through the credit bureaus. The best thing to do is dispute it directly with the comapnies that intiated the inquiry. You'll have better results with that method.

Good Luck,

BarryN

Reshod wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Help, I received a letter today from Transunion, disputing the numerous inquries on my credit report. They replied:

THE INQUIREIES SHOWN ON YOUR CREDIT REPORT ARE A FACTUAL RECORD OF THE COMPANIES WHO HAVE RECEIVED YOUR CREDIT REPORT. THEY CAN ONLY BE ENTERED ON YOUR REPORT WHEN AN INQUIRY IS, IN FACT, MADE.

THESE INQUIRIES WILL REMAIN ON YOUR FILE FOR TWO YEARS.

HOW DO I MAKE THESE PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THAT I DID NOT ASK FOR SOME OF THESE INQUIRIES, SO THAT THEY ARE DELETED?? I KNOW THAT THIS IS TAKING A TOLL ON THE CREDIT ACCURACY OF MY CREDIT REPORT.

THANKS IN ADVANCE,
    RESHOD

3. Saar

Saar Banned

Dispute them again, but this time don't deny that inquiries were made. Dispute only the fact that they were authrized by you; As such, they be coded as "promotional" inquiries. These do not affect your credit score.

Wait 90 days between disputes.

Saar

4. Credit Ran

Credit Ran Guest

One caveat in this is that your record may be "flagged" by the fraud department due to the unauthorized inquiries. Particulary with TU
    regards C.R.

5. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

and what does that mean credit ranger??

Credit Ranger wrote:
    One caveat in this is that your record may be "flagged" by the fraud department due to the unauthorized inquiries. Particulary with TU
    regards C.R.

6. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

Definately! I think the Carreon and Associates website has an article which provides good procedures in disputing inquiries. I'm not sure if I read it there, or if Kristi posted it here. Either way, it might be a good idea to peruse their website at www.carreonandassociates.com. Whether you choose to use their services or not, their site includes a gold mine of great information for free.

Hopefully, all of us who visit their site leave them "thank you" notes for the free advice they provide. Many other sites charge an arm and a leg for you to view any decent information they might have.

7. Carreonand

Carreonand Guest

Thanks Doris, That is really appreciated! Especially when I get so tired sometimes. Lately, the questions have zoomed and they're all landing on my desk! Oh, I gotta sleep(Smile). Askme.com is hammering me lately. Everytime I answer 5, their are 3 more. I can't get caught up so I will make this very short and hopefully someone can elaborate more.

Inquiries are not handled by the bureaus unless their is proof of abuse. The originating source (creditor) is the one who removes it and places it, not the bureau. He needs to shoot out some calls and letters to the source and ask them to provide proof that he authorized the credit checks. If they are promotional checks then do an Opt out. I know the bureaus say promo checks don't count but everyone seems to see them every now and again on their reports from lenders. If that happens then you have the proof that they are visible to lenders and the like and should be removed. Generally speaking, lenders are to busy and lazy to argue the inquiries and usually luck is on your side.
    Cheers!
    Kristi
    Carreonandassociates.com

Doris K. wrote:
    Definately! I think the Carreon and Associates website has an article which provides good procedures in disputing inquiries. I'm not sure if I read it there, or if Kristi posted it here. Either way, it might be a good idea to peruse their website at www.carreonandassociates.com. Whether you choose to use their services or not, their site includes a gold mine of great information for free.

Hopefully, all of us who visit their site leave them "thank you" notes for the free advice they provide. Many other sites charge an arm and a leg for you to view any decent information they might have.