Transunion LOST my credit file

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by ohnostuck, Oct 25, 2001.

1. ohnostuck

ohnostuck Well-Known Member

I desputed some items on my transunion report. I first got a letter stating that my charge off was removed and the others pending. I then (a week later), got a letter that states "we are unable to locate a credit report for you" what in the heck is this???????

2. supershawn

supershawn Well-Known Member

a godsend.

Shawn

3. bbauer

bbauer Banned

I'll bet there are a zillion people out there who wish TU couldn't find theirs either.

LOL

Sorry, just couldn't resist.

4. ohnostuck

LOL...Maybe but the charge off and one collection is all I had left on there. The rest were positve.

5. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Not to worry. Those guys are real efficient. Given a bit of time, they will find it and send it to you and you will open it up and have two positives and all the rest will be negatives.

Now just relax, take a good stiff swig of your favorite happy juice and sing out loud and clear,
    "OH IT'S CRYIN TIME AGAIN, THEY'RE GONNA SCREW ME."

lol.

6. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

This happened to us a year ago. First to me and then two days later to my husband. We found out while trying to get a vehicle financed. When we found out my husband's file was gone I called TU immediately and asked what was going on. They went to pull a consumer disclosure on me and nothing. Then the rep. was nice enough to pull my husband's at my request and once again, nothing. They had no explanation what had happened and sent us copies of our non-existent reports. Each report was a total of half a page long. You might think this is a blessing in disguise, but it was not. If you think trying to finance a car with bad credit is hard, trying to finance with "no credit" is even worse.

It took a couple of months for them to "find" us. My husband's report was for the most part okay when it came back, but I ended up with two files. They finally got this back to one file in July.

They will most likely find you again, but keep a look out for errors and multiple files on you. If this would have been crucial for us to have our report (for a mortgage approval for example), I would have pursued legal action. You could perhaps if you are willing and do not have major derogs send a copy of a previous report to them and see if they can reconstruct, but you are probably better off waiting to see if you are found or for accounts to come back in the monthly update.

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

HAVE YOU TRIED WWW.WORTHKNOWING.COM ?
    It is free, may have your "LOST" stuff, because it is RARELY up to date...

8. ohnostuck

OH MY I HOPE THAT IS VERY "NOT TO DATE". THAT WAS A NIGHTMARE! IT SAID MY CREDIT SCORE WAS A 20! AND THERE ARE WAY OLD THINGS THERE THAT HAVE BEEN REMOVED, OR SO I HOPE.

9. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

A BUNCH OF PEOPLE GOT "5" !!!

Just something to PROVE you had a file...

It's FREE, what do you want???

10. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

A 20 isn't bad on WK - and it doesn't mean anything anyway.

11. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I went from 5 to 10 to 56 to 49 within 45 days on www.notworthknowing.com

They make their money off of sub-prime cards advertised on their site... It's in their best interest to score everyone low......

12. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I HAVE BEEN "HANGING" AROUND "59", even though I owe ~$30,000 less than I did when I got "100" !!!!

13. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Yes, my score was 32, I had that stupid judgment (that should never have been granted) deleted after it was vacated - score is still 32. Doh.

14. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Bkev:

WOW! You really are coming down hard on those nasty illegal credit repair companies, aren't you? Way to go!
    Do your civic duty and let people know all about them rip-off artists.

You really rock and I'm glad to see somebody finally taking a stance and helping the government to spread the truth about them.

15. Newcomer

Newcomer Well-Known Member

Surprisingly, I don't have ANY negatives on my TU report, but worthknowing still scores me at a 5:)

16. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Should I start calling you bait and switch Bill?

For those who didn't realize it.... Bill's CREDITWRENCH is one of "those" companies!

17. KHM

KHM Well-Known Member

My father went tp worthknowing and his FICO is a 902 or something. Worthknowing put him at an 80. Something is seriously wrong with them.
    KHM

18. bbauer

bbauer Banned

It isn't that something is wrong with worthknowing, it is simply that they use a much different way of arriving at their scores. They use a statistical model of some sort, such as a bell curve which is a mathematical/graphical means of displaying where the person being scored ranks in relation to the population having already been scored.

Once you understand that, then you can understand why there is such a big difference.

19. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

0-100...

20. KHM

KHM Well-Known Member

I get what you are saying what I meant is I thought he would be at a 95 or 100. He pays everything off every month NEVER late, nothing. I should have said that in my last post.
    KHM