Transunion Problems Now :-(

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by carsNmoney, Aug 20, 2003.

1. carsNmoney

carsNmoney Active Member

I get my report back in the mail.. They send me TWO reports.. One says I have been on their files since 1986.. and the other one says I have been on their files since 2002... I was born in 1979!! This is really freaking me out now.. I got alot of stuff deteted that was not mine.. But now what do I do to have just 1 report?? BTW.. They are both under my social..

2. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

Tell them your file is split and if they don't put it back together you are going to sue.

3. carsNmoney

carsNmoney Active Member

I am calling them up 1st thing tomorrow morning about this.. I have been reading this site a lot lately and have been trying my hardest to fix my credit as much as I can.. I don't think I am very good at it.. But I am sure as heck trying..

4. chipper

chipper Well-Known Member

You have found the best site in the world and have taken steps to utilize all the information that others so graciously offer. You are very good at it.

Take it from me - in February I was unemployable, unrentable, and unfinanceable (are these real words?)

In a few short months I had my own car, my own apartment, and a great job, all based on my credit (except for the part in the job interview where I ponied up some cash).

5. carsNmoney

carsNmoney Active Member

So far I have been doing alot of reading.. alot of asking about things lately.. This split transunion report has me alittle bugged though.. But of course it will all get fixed in time..

6. creditboi

creditboi New Member

Re: Re: Transunion Problems Now :-(

Maybe you could expand on your methods for the rest of us. ;)

7. chipper

chipper Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Transunion Problems Now :-(

I read everything on this board. Like most people here, I dedicated hours a day, reading and learning.

My first step was removing all previous addresses from my reports. You can do this by simply calling and telling them you never lived at these addresses.

My second step was simply drafting letters to the credit bureaus, in which I disputed every single negative trade-line as 'not mine'. 60% of my baddies fell off.

After that, you have to be persistent through a series of validations and disputes, but most importantly is to read this entire board BEFORE you dispute anything, as you don't want to open a can of worms. You need to be armed with lots of information, but all it takes is time and effort.