TransUnion special message, pl

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, Nov 3, 2000.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I received my hubby's report from TU. There is a listing that says special message: Input current address has been used(012) time in last (30) days on different inquiries. What the heck does this mean?? Who would be inquiring for current address that much?? Any input would be appreciated.

Mom

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: TransUnion special message

Well, maybe Citibank which we know about already. Also the fraud department at citibank verifies your address also. They told me today that my address on the application did not match the credit report. They pulled my transunion. So obviously they were dipping in my credit report again. Who know how many time Citibank has peaked at our reports. But that would explain 2 mom. Maybe the rest were promotional or associated somehow with citi or other CC companies, for card offers. Just a guess, though.

3. dave

dave Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure this is referring to "consumer-initiated" inquiries. Has your hubby had 12 inquiries in the past month?

4. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

nope just 2, that's why I don't get it and his promotionals were NONE, so I still don't know what 12 in 30 days means and who inquired??

5. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Yes I thought it may be promtional but it doesn't even list ONE recent promotion since 9/00, so I am still trying to figure this darn thing out. Has me wondering who else would be inquiring about his address, none are listed on his current report??

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

maybe it was citibank doing some major f-ing up. I dont know.

7. LadyCarr

LadyCarr Guest

Mom, that's on my report and my hubby's also. I think they are saying that 12 inquiries have been did in the last 30 days at that address. It includes "any inquiries" by "anyone" with that "particular address". So it doesn't mean that your hubby has 12 inquiries.

8. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Thanks Lady!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh OK that may explain it. Between the 2 of us we had 4 for mortgage, 2 for citibank and I had a couple promotions. Thanks now I feel a little better, I was afraid someone was looking for us!!

9. LadyCarr

LadyCarr Guest

RE: Thanks Lady!!!!!!!!!!!

You're welcome.....I thought the same thing also. So no hidding, you're fine. :)

10. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

RE: Thanks Lady!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok I can go out now LOL!!!

11. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

My husband's report had this special message: Input previous Address has been Used (003) Times in the last (30) Days on Different Inquiries

I was wondering about it too - He hasn't applied for any credit since June

Something new from TU? I've been disputing stuff so maybe those inquiries - I dunno

you got me!!!

Kelly

Haven't received my report yet - I should be getting it within the week

12. Mo

Mo Guest

Mom -The answer

I actually went thru this exact ame thing years ago with TU (Experian & Equifax don't have this problem). Addresses at T/U are apparently truncated, especially at apartments. For example, let's say your address is an apartment complex

Ms. Mom Ofthree
    123 Riverside Lane Apt# 311
    Anytown, USA 12345

In this building (123 Riverside Lane) there are 12 apartments....so anyone else in the same building such as Apt # 202, and Apt #177, who applies for credit can show up at YOUR same address. For the computer at T/U, the only thing that matters is the "123 Riverside Lane" part of the address. For whatever reason, the apartment number is just lopped off.

I was assured at the time that this is for the alert of the consumer so they can keep on top of things. This is ONE case where I do believe them. If this situation does not apply to you, a quick call to TU will probably let you know the scoop.

13. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

RE: Mom -The answer

Thanks, Mo I however live on house, but lady did make sense, I have gone over our TU reports and between the mortgage 4, AE 1 and worthknowing.com 3 and I saw 2 promos, I came to the total of 10. I still may call though just to check.

14. samantha

samantha Guest

It may mean that TU has detected that someone has been trying to change the address on youre credit report 12 times within the last 30 days. The reason they may be puting a special alert on the credit report is that they suspect this person is trying to do so fradulently. You see most credit card companies report youre balance,credit limit,and address to the credit bureaus once a month electronicly. It may be that TU suspects that someone has been trying to update youre address using a system much like the ones the credit card companies use to update your credit report. But they are doing so incorrectly and that is alerting TU that something is wrong. If I were you I would contact TU immediately.