TransUnion Trouble

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by rick, May 14, 2001.

1. rick

rick Well-Known Member

I have one last thing to clear off my TransUnion and I need help. I have a measly $60 collection account from a collection agency for a medical bill that wasn't paid by my insurance company. They tried to bill me three years after I went to get X-rays at an x-ray place. I thought that was a long time to wait until they billed me, so I refused to say it. You see, my bankruptcy was still on my record and a $60 collection wouldn't hurt me that much considering the BK. I sent TU a letter last year saying the account wasn't mine, they took it off, then verified it and put it back on. I sent a polite letter asking for validation, and all I got back was another copy of my credit report saying it was verified, and the phone number of the collection agency. What should my next step be?

2. MartysGirl

MartysGirl Well-Known Member

Dispute it again..... Don't give up.....!!!!!

Dispute... Dispute.... Dispute.....

MartysGirl

3. G. Fisher

G. Fisher Banned

What is the longest they should wait?

4. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

how long???

I would not cal three years "timely." Why would any business wait that long to bill someone for services??

Are you a collector?

breeze

5. G. Fisher

G. Fisher Banned

Re: how long???

No. I'm a casual student of the law regarding credit reporting.

I don't know why they would wait that long. Perhaps the question is, "Is there a statute of limitations for billing?"

Who are you quoting with the word ""timely""?

6. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Two years.
    That's the longest i've ever been allowed !

7. lbrown59

Re: how long???

who is it?

8. lbrown59

============
    You owe the medic for X-rays . They cost you the insurance .You owe them for their services. They owe you for the insurance check they cost you.
    What is there to quibble over? Every body's even!