Transunion Update: 9 out 10!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Cyprigirl, Jul 9, 2001.

1. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

The Experian # 1-972-390-3974 is a Voice # answered by their Business Division. I still can't get them to give me a fax # and I have two documents which I want to fax to them from creditors advising corrections/deletions, etc be made which I disputed directly with creditors so they sent me the letters to forward to the CBA's. I'm so frustrated. Tired of going to the Post office for return receipt! I keep trying the csr # for my area and get busy signals for the last hour and ten minutes!

2. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Cyprigirl,

I got that fax # after I threatened to sue. I had letters from the creditors instructing deletion and Experian kept "verifying" them. Anyway, after yelling at a rep about it, and reading her my letters, she gave me that fax number. She told me it was to "attn: Kareena", and whenI faxed it - all the items were deleted in two days. I didn't want to tell people here to do it to Kareena's attn, since I don't know if that person works there anymore.

Mist, that's why I put the date by which the fax number was good for. The CRAs - especially Equifax - recycle phone/fax numbers all the time. None of the numbers I had for Equifax in February work for me anymore - or they route me to different depts.

3. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Sadly, the Experian fax number I listed is now giving me a busy/disconnect signal...

4. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

Well I am going to write PF and see if I cannot get something done on that end.

I will keep everyone posted.

Cypri:)

5. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

Well, I'm really fuming at Experian. I have these TWO documents authorizing corrections from creditors and I demand to be able to fax them for verification of receipt rather than another trip to post office. I try calling them for over 2 hrs now and can't get thru. No option to remain on hold. I call that business office # and ask for Legal Dept. They refuse. I ask for my account to be handled by National office rather than affiliate who I can't reach by phone. They refuse. I ask for fax numbers, they refuse. As to Legal Dept they will ONLY give that number to an Attorney - refuse to give it to the consumer!

6. Cyprigirl

I really think EX trains it CSRs in attack dog mode.

Because they are very aggressive and unyielding even when they are flat out wrong!

I love when they tell me, EX does not make mistakes,, WHAT A JOKE!

Cyprigirl:)

7. Cyprigirl

Mist I am working on something with Experian,

If I am successful, I will share the info!

8. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

Thanks cyprigrl, I just signed up for CreditExpert so I can keep a closer eye on them since I can't reach them by phone or fax. I went to post office and mailed them the certified letters. I'll play it their way but I am going to complain, loudly, to the FTC, Attorney General, Toricelli, etc. and maybe a letter on PF as well for good measure. My attempts today to accomplish a simple thing were humiliating, unnecessary, and extremely time consuming. I bet it is the last factor that is the reason you cannot get them on phone or send fax. I think they count on people quitting because it is too much trouble. Shame on Experian.

9. mindylou

mindylou Well-Known Member

Cyprigirl, I have done some online TU disputes how long does it usually take to hear anything?

mindy

10. mindylou

mindylou Well-Known Member

Oh yeah and congrats on the deletes good work Cyprigirl.

mindy

11. Cyprigirl

Thanks, mindy!

But I did not do it online. I used snail mail.

I did not know about the TU online disputes until after I had sent the letter.

But they took the full 30 days and in fact was one day late.

I am still not done with them I have two more items that they did not complete correct verification.

I will keep you posted.

12. Cyprigirl

Mist I can totally undertand about EX. They gave me a serious headache today. All day I dreaded calling them, but this time I won the battle.

I totally agree they make it hard just so people will give up.

They just did not realize I can be tough as nails if I have to be in order to get things done.

If they give me another story tomorrow, it is definitely war and I have the paper trail to prove it. I am very close to filing a lawsuit. I just have to work on my damages.

13. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

I logged into credit expert. Score lower end of medium risk 669 most damaging is high balance to credit limit and 4 30day lates two of which are being disputed. That's it, otherwise it's clean except two OLD inquiries. I'm dying to know if I got approved or not with a card I had been pre-approved for. Tried calling them today (applied last Thurs) and they say it hasn't been processed yet. I'm running out of patience. I really need to get a balance off my high interest card. Keeping fingers crossed!

14. Cyprigirl

Good luck, Mist!

Cypri:)

15. Cyprigirl

?