Transunion Verification!!!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Reshod, Feb 21, 2001.

1. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

Hey Guys,
    I disputed a paid collection from 1995 with Transunion, hoping that since it is close to the 7 year mark that it would come off. I received a letter in the mail from them stating that the colletion had been verified in 7/00 and that they were not going to reverify it. What can I do, besides waiting the remaining time? I have already tried to plea with the original creditor, to no avail!

Thanks,

Reshod

2. jason

jason Well-Known Member

RE: Transunion Verification!!!

At some point, they will reinvestigate. It seems odd that they're holding eight months without reverifying.

Soon, I would think, they would be willing to reinvestigate.

3. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

try moving to ny

NY has a 5 year statute of limitations on derog credit. Do not use a MBE or PO box but try to find an address (real address) in NY to use. Have a couple of your credit cards sent to that address for a month or 2, then request a copy of your TU report be sent to the NY address... it'll already see the NY address as reported by your creditors and you should catch less (we want DL/. utlilty bill) that way.

You can always later switch back to your real address. THe yahoo credit-repair board has a guy who recently did it. IT's just a computer removal (it sees NY and applies a different timeframe)

The hardest part if getting a real residential address there.. :)
    Otherwise, the only other way I know is to wait the other 1 year.

Oh, after it's off, you can always wait a while and take the NY address off. Course, the address won't really hurt you anyway.

4. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: really.

I happen to have a NY address. but i would like to hear from someone that has tried this.

Any tips on the other bureaus? What if you had collections on NON-NY addresses? Would those fall under the 7 year deal?

hmmm.. you may be onto something. maybe not.

5. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

RE: try moving to ny

I want to know more about this also. I have a NY address and if I can remove ANYTHING over 5 yrs that would do me a whole lot of good.

Hmmm. That would mean ALL of my negs would drop off. :eek:D

6. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

Would love to use your NY address!:)

mother2 wrote:
    -------------------------------
    I want to know more about this also. I have a NY address and if I can remove ANYTHING over 5 yrs that would do me a whole lot of good.

Hmmm. That would mean ALL of my negs would drop off. :eek:D

7. mother2

We'll see if it works. :eek:D

8. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

Read about it.. haven't tried

My stuff is only 3 years old so I'd have to wait 2 more b/f even trying it. I read it on a Yahoo credit-repair post.

NY does have a 5 year limit on collections and judgments. I don't know if it applies to all derogs...

I think what happens is this: You add a NY address and the computer sees it and removes the items 5 years and older. It is supposed to be automatic. I would guess if you pulled your reports and they weren't off you could call up w/the time limit and they should remove it immediately.

The guy who posted it lived in Conn. The items were on his wife's report. He changed her address back to her exhusbands address (NY). He ordered the reports be sent to the NY address, and the negs dropped off. Then he changed the address back to Conn and the items stayed off.

Makes sense, if you live in NY and them move, the negative items are already gone... so they wouldn't just magically pop back on.

I truly think this may be a 2 year reprieve for us all which is why I'm posting it. Let's start trying it and see what happens. If you already live in NY, call up and push the issue.

by the way, the 5 year limit is listed on my Question and answer sheet directly from Equifax, but since I live in Ga I initially didn't pay any attn to it. :)

Lets start testing it!!!

9. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

Why wait?

Sam, if you really do live in NY it really is your law. Take advantage of it. What's the worst thing that will happen? Equifax et al will say no? I think they really have to do this one! Good for NY for being smarter than the other states :)

10. mother2

I'll try it but...

What do you mean by the below statement?
    Are you referring to the paper that gives you additional info about credit reporting?

============================================

by the way, the 5 year limit is listed on my Question and answer sheet directly from Equifax, but since I live in Ga I initially didn't pay any attn to it.

11. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

Info Equifax sends out w/your

When I got my report from Equifax they also sent me a bunch of info on how to read my report. It's on that, so it must be a NY state law that forces them to remove at the 5 year mark. Do you have stuff that's 5 years or older still on your report?

It does say "collection items or judgments" so I don't know if it'd apply to a regular acct that went 30+ 5 years ago... But I'd certainly try it

12. mother2

What if it's a judgement or co

another state other than NY? I wonder if it applies?

13. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

I think we're making it too co

I think if you live in NY right now, that's how the timelimit is calculated.

Any other way would just be too complex. I could be wrong, but I'd again say try it and see what happens/
    Worst case scenario.... it's still there. Nothing to lose, everything to gain and all.

14. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

I have just one real question...how in the *bleep* did NY happen to get a 5year deal while the rest of the nation sits in jail for 2 more years for the same "crime". That's PURE DE-BULL!! I shouldn't have to change my address for those *bleep* credit bureaus to treat us all fairly. That's a crock!

Okay, I'm done ranting.

15. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

PREACH ON SISTER!!!

:)

Shantel wrote:
    -------------------------------
    I have just one real question...how in the *bleep* did NY happen to get a 5year deal while the rest of the nation sits in jail for 2 more years for the same "crime". That's PURE DE-BULL!! I shouldn't have to change my address for those *bleep* credit bureaus to treat us all fairly. That's a crock!

Okay, I'm done ranting.

16. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I have a big old gigantic NY address and my file states.......it will be on for 7 years......Student loans defaulted while living in NYC. I really think the debt must be from NYC guys. Sorry. My debts contracts were other states before moving to ny.

roni

17. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Re: actually you may be right

I was wondering why my Bank of New York visa chargeoff was removed from my reports.. Its aged at about 5 years 6 months.

may have been a fluke, but one usually does not get visa charge'offs off easily :)

hmmm..

18. Top

Top Guest

Judgement 5 Years in NY

"judgements which, from date of entry, antedate the report by
    more than seven years or until the governing statute of limitations
    has expired, whichever is the longer period; or judgments which, from
    date of entry, having been satisfied within a five year period from
    such entry date, shall be removed from the report five years after
    such entry date;"

From : http://assembly.state.ny.us/cgi-bin/claws?law=44&art=53

19. lbrown59