TransUnion: What Would You Do?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by David, Jun 11, 2001.

1. David

David Well-Known Member

Got my updated TU report today in the mail: 3 collections, 3 deletions (yay, toast).

However, they deleted my Conseco-second-mortgage-account alltogether, when I merely asked them to change the date of it being closed (they had 6/2000, it was actually 10/2000).

The account was open for 16-18 months.

The bad thing is, I referenced that account with one of the CA accounts (long story), pretty much saying "here's the mix-up", so forth and so on.

(Conseco owned the correct second mortgage as well as one of the CA's).

Should I dispute again, or leave well enough alone?

I'm afraid something negative will get reinserted if I dispute again.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

David :)

2. marci

marci Well-Known Member

If you want your mortgage to be re-inserted by Transunion, you will have to call them and tell them that you never disputed the mortgage and demand to have it reinserted (it will take some firm persuasion). The CA entry will not comeback, b/c even if the two are related, the company reporting the mortgage and the CA are separate companies. The negative info from the CA will not come back if you get the positive trade-line of your mortgage re-reported. But, if you don't demand that TU put the mortgage back on, it will never get back on - even if the mortgage company re-updates.

In January, I tried to get TU to list my car loan with certain information, and they supposedly sent out a dispute, from which they never heard and promtly deleted my car loan trade-line. The car company kept re-updating, but it never got back on b/c TU has some policy about not allowing data to be reported after it's been deleted. To my surprise, I talked to a TU rep in early May, complaining about the deletion, and she told me she still "saw" the tradeline even though it had been deleted and would put it back on my report for me.

Hope this helps,

3. marci

marci Well-Known Member

I'm sorry. I should say that I bet the credit reporting departments of Conseco mortgage and Conseco CA are separate.

Either way, if you are forceful enough and explain that TU got mixed up, they won't re-investigate. They'll just re-insert the mortgage on the spot. Get "righteously indignant" about it.

After all, there aren't many consumers who complain to have trade-lines *added* to their reports. :)