Transunion

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by LKH, May 30, 2001.

1. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

I called TU to find out when I'd be getting an updated report. They told me it will go out on Thursday the 31st. I asked her if she saw any updates yet, and I was told that the judgment I filed (but didn't go thru with it) the BK13 over has been deleted. She also said it looks like no one has responded to the other 3 verifications. So if they don't respond by today, I should have a total of 4 more deletions and TU will be perfect. So after a terrible round 2 it looks like things are picking up
    Also, my car loan had been reported as 30 days late 2 times on Equifax, and I had opened 2 new credit cards so my score had dropped 29 points. I checked today and the lates are gone and my score has gone up 29 points to where it was.

2. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

I hope everything gets straightened out quick for you on TU.

What new accounts did you receive? If you don't mind me asking.

Jim

3. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

How did you dispute the bk13? I'm thinking you're talking about the public listing.

Congrats by the way :)

4. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

I disputed the bk 13 as not mine with all 3 bureaus. Experian and Equifax completely deleted it, TU changed it to filed, dismissed. I then signed up with Junum and it was deleted from TU. The judgment against me that caused me to file the file the bk was only on TU. But as I was told yesterday, it has been deleted.

Jim- I got the Cap1 gold and a mastercard from First Saving Bank of South Dakota. Both were pre approved offers. I got a preapproval from Orchard Bank today for a regular MC, but I don't think I will go for it.

5. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Congrats, LKH! Sounds good.

6. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

You are going prime LKH.

My theory about Orchard is that they offer you a card just when you have left subprime territory. But they only give you subprime terms with a hefty annual fee.

Orchard is the lowest card in the "Household family". The hierarchy looks like this:

GM card
    Household card (includes gold)
    Union card
    Orchard card

I got a preapproved Orchard offer earlier in the year and never responded. A month or two later I got the GM card. One unusual item in the Orchard offer was that I had something like 2 months to respond. Most cards say respond within a few weeks.

You might want to just hold onto the offer for a while. Rip it up when you get a prime card.

7. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

I hope you're right about the "prime stuff. I looked over the Orchard offer several times, and there is no date I must respond by. I've never seen a preapproval that didn't have a respond by date.
    Thanks to both Jim and Marci.