Travel bonuses

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Alice, May 2, 2000.

1. Alice

Alice Guest

I would like to find the best credit cards to accumulate miles toward flights on any airline by making general purchases at stores.
    A reasonable fee in O.K. but I am hoping for one that gives one mile for each dollar spent.

2. Christine

Christine Guest

Alaska Airlines has a card $1=1mile and you can get your tickets for several different airlines. I believe there is a $50/yr fee and a high interest rate. I even asked around at my other bills, i.e. water, garbage, electric, a lot of them will let you pay your monthly bill with a credit card. I charge my monthly bills (even the phone bill) and then just send one check to the cc company for that amount. No finance charge and you still get credit for the miles. Alice wrote:-------------------------------I would like to find the best credit cards to accumulate miles toward flights on any airline by making general purchases at stores.A reasonable fee in O.K. but I am hoping for one that gives one mile for each dollar spent.

3. Alice

Alice Guest

Thanks. That is an interesting idea. I'll check it out.

4. Don

Don Well-Known Member

I've used American Express Membership Miles for years...both personal cards and corporate cards...it's paid for more trips than I can count...1 dollar spent=1 mile, doled out to whichever participating airline you wish...

If you can get the card, and pay the bill every month, it's worth it..