travelocity v. aadvantage

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by dave, Mar 28, 2001.

1. dave

dave Well-Known Member

I checked the site for the travelocity world card. I was interested in checking its reward structure and APR. I noticed that the APR is lower than the Aadvantage card which is a plus, however, it appears that although miles earned on the travelocity card may be applied to any airline you can book at their site, it doesn't look like you can combine them with other miles that accrue in the airlines' frequent flier programs. This means that you would not get the benefit of rapid accumulation that the aadvantage card offers through combining purchase miles, actual miles flown and other bonuses offered by the airlines and their partners. So it would take much longer to get any rewards from the travelocity card.

On the other hand, the travelocity card comes with a decent package of benefits and seems to be a good card for a rapid exit out of subprime hell.

I guess the message is that I think the Aadvantage card is better reward-wise for those who would qualify for either card assuming the balance is paid in full to avoid the Aadvantage card's higher rate. For those who might qualifiy for travelocity but would prefer Aadvantage, they might want to try a product transfer after approval to get better reward returns.