Tricks of the trade to Raise Fico

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by mkmaximus, Sep 1, 2001.

1. mkmaximus

mkmaximus Well-Known Member

We want to purchase a home within six months to a year, can not wait four more years for a couple of things to drop off, anyone with deleting techniques, besides the traditional way, ie; disputing, disputed twice no luck, just afew dings but now with this fico score thing even when you pay, it still did not raise the score, any tips !!!

M.K.

2. G. Fisher

G. Fisher Banned

Paid/unpaid collections

Are you saying that you paid a collection, the file reflected the account as paid, but the score did not change?

What are the scores and reasons?

What type of loan are you attempting to get: Conventional, FHA, VA, RD, or another type?

3. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Re: Paid/unpaid collections

SCORE has nothing to do with credit.

4. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

MK, what do you last 2 years of credit look like? Are they clean? Do you have a good rental history?

5. mkmaximus

If your credit is bad your score is low, 300, Bum 800 Buy anything you want, mine is around 699, 650, 635, Credit, Inquirys, lates etc all have to do with the score as far as I know, If credit has nothing to do with score what does and how can you increase the score,

Cement shoes on the moon help

6. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

MK, your last 2 years?

7. lbrown59

===We don't need to increase it .We need to get rid of it?

8. mkmaximus

I see no credit, high score, I understand, do you cancel the cards after they are zero balance. will this help, what are the tips. THX, I see what you are saying however I have credit and a few cards I want to keep.

MK

9. mkmaximus

Last two years are good, I have rented for 5 years and alh the ways on time with our rent.

M.K.

10. mkmaximus

try this again,
    Last two years are good, I have rented for 5 years and have always paid on time.

11. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

If you are trying to up your scores, I would recommend not closing all your accounts with zero balances this could kill your ratios if you have balances on the remaining cards you have open. Also always keep your oldest account. Also never heard of no credit and high score?????

12. roni

roni Well-Known Member

OK, this is how I did my credit repair. I convinced the creditor that the charge off/ collection etc was by an error on their part or by circumstances that were out of my control. Now I may have exaggerated a bit but in the end it worked. This would include me changing addresses and missing bills (which was true in some cases), saying that my roommates owed the bill and told me they paid it...etc....etc...but in the end you can sometimes call a creditor and get them to delete information with a a good story and by them wanting your FUTURE business. But in all instances I disputed first, called the creditor second. If negotiating didnt work, I paid the collection and then disputed and in sometimes called and asked to get it off after I paid. I looked at it like this, the collection had to be paid anyway for mortgage times. This tactic worked for me obviously.....goodluck!

13. mkmaximus

Thanjs for the reply, the few dings I have I am going to pay, there are two on there I have no idea where they came from and I have asked for proof of sig, disputed etc, no luck, do the law firms like Lexington that is advertised here works, credit repair?? I would end up paying the same amount.

MK

14. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Any suggestions how to do this, lb?

15. lbrown59

The law needs changed.

16. mkmaximus

Thanks Mom, good advice!! I see you help alot of people we appreciate it.

17. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

What can we do?

18. G. Fisher

G. Fisher Banned

I'd like to help you, but I don't understand your situation.

The reasons that the score is not higher are the first clue to the solution to making it higher. What are they-- in order?

From whom did you obtain the scores? Equifax? A mortgage loan company?

19. KristyW

KristyW Well-Known Member

Here is some super general advice about helping your credit score in general, with links to some credit repair links:

++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Keep in mind that changes in your FICO score take a long time to occur. If you live by the following things, over time your credit score will improve.

1. Pay your bills on time. It seems almost too obvious, doesn't it? But hey, it works. Make sure you never pay a bill 28 days late or later. If you're cutting it close, make sure to count mail time when you send your bills.
    2. Pay down and close unneeded accounts, especially those you have had for a short period of time. Never close old positive accounts. An account that has been taken up to a high balance, brought down, and then closed, is a good FICO builder. But don't close them all. You need at least three accounts open.

3. Don't allow prospective creditors to pull your credit report unless it is absolutely necessary.

4. Keep all credit card balances low. If you carry a balance at all, make sure that you don't exceed one half (although 30% or less of the balance is optimal) of the credit card's limit. High credit balances can hurt even the most meticulous on-time bill payers.

5. Delete negative credit listings

http://www.creditinfocenter.com/repair/Repair.shtml

6. Delete inquiries (see the section in this book on repairing your credit).

http://www.creditinfocenter.com/repair/inqerase.shtml

7. Pay down your credit card debt. Take money from an outside source, such as savings, a personal loan, or other credit cards, and apply that money to credit cards that are at or near their limit.

20. MikeB

MikeB Banned

I have to input not to pay ONE day late. I used to do business with a bank that reported you late regardless if you were a few days late or 30 days late.
    I have not seen any information that states the account must be deliquent for 30 days or more before being reported as "30-days" late, although it looks obvious what was intended. If anyone does find legitimate evidence contrary to this bank's practices, please share, and I can get some lates removed. Thanks.