Tried to CA phone #...

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by toromio, Aug 21, 2001.

  1. toromio

    toromio Well-Known Member

    I just called information to get the phone number of Alliance One Inc in Cincinnati, Ohio. They said they did not have a listing for that company. They are listed on my CRA from Experian. Should I send a letter to the address given and just see what happens? Does anyone know who they are? The supposed CA is for very little $ (less than $200), and I want to settle, and have it off of my report.
  2. supershawn

    supershawn Well-Known Member

    I found this listing....

    3705 QUAKERBRIDGE RD., STE. 112
    609/584-7500 phone
    609/584-7300 fax

    They are licensed in all 50 states so in theory the address could pop up anywhere. Probably worth a shot.

    Are you sure you want to settle, there are a lot of smart people on this board who have other ideas about handling these seems like settleing is an admission and it will stay on your report as a paid collection- just as bad as an unpaid collection.

    I would email Bill Bauer and talk to him, he seems pretty knowledgeble on the subject.

    Hope this helps!

  3. cable666

    cable666 Well-Known Member

    By law (FCRA), all parties that provide information to a CRA are to also provide to the CRA a mail address where disputes can be sent.

    This is to prevent parties from reporting garbage and splitting.

    Demand this address from the CRA.

    If the CA does to respond, dispute the item with the CRA. If the CRA can't get in touch with them, then they can't verify it and it must be deleted.
  4. toromio

    toromio Well-Known Member

    There are two tradelines from this company, in Cincinnati, OH. The amount is fairly insignificant, total of $212.00 for both. I want to contact them, and pay the stupid thing in return for a deletion on all CRAs. Should I just write to them? I really just wanted to phone them, and try to work it out. They have never contacted me regarding these debts, so I must assume since I moved out of the state, they have no idea where I live, or my address. Any ideas on where to go from here would be appreciated. It is my debt, and I am willing to pay the entire amount, I just want to get the neg off my CRA in exchange. (FYI the debt is from 1998)

Share This Page