Trouble getting card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Ross, Jan 2, 2001.

1. Ross

Ross Guest

Here is my dilemma. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated. I have a job, but get paid under the table so it would look as if I am unemployed to card companies. I pay rent to my father, so that wouldn't show up either. All of the secured cards I have seen require you to be on the job for a certain amount of time. Is there any card (secured or unsecured) that I can qualify for?

2. Kevin Yaeg

Kevin Yaeg Guest

a lot of companies dont verify employment and/or income

3. Kevin Yaeg

Kevin Yaeg Guest

a lot of companies dont verify employment and/or income

4. Creditinsi

Creditinsi Guest

Start with a secured card, a credit card company wont verify your income with a secured card, Capital one would be my recommendation, if you keep your account in good standing they will eventually offer you an unsecured line of credit and periodically give you credit increases.

Other companies that can help you build a credit history are Providian and 1st premier bank.

Good luck!

Alex.
    www.Creditinsiders.com

5. marvin

marvin Well-Known Member

Doesn't matter if they verify. If you are unemployed, and put down an income, that is credit fraud. You will probably never get caught, but what if you default (you loose you're job or something?) My guess is that they will find out that you were unemployed and will press the fraud issue.

6. Sakura

Sakura Guest

bump