trouble with Junum??

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by loni, Jun 19, 2001.

1. loni

loni Member

I'm getting rather aggravated with them. I called last week and asked why my credit reports were not scanned in to the site,'we are having computer problems'.
    The I asked why my mortgage was in the credit management section and classified as a negative account. They said it was a mistake and it would not be disputed. (I have 3 years of perfect payments.) I got my lastest Trans Union report last night, and guess what, my mortgage has been deleted!!!
    I have sent all my reports certified, priority mail, so I know they are there. They have not answered e-mails.
    At this moment I'm so angry, I don't dare to pick up the phone and call them. It would not be a pleasant conversation. Is it just me or has anyone else had these problems?? Thanks for all of your input.

2. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

I don't know if Junum is having growing pains or what, but lately they seem to be making mistakes that should never have been made. The good thing is that your mortgage most likely will reappear the next time they report to the bureau. Call Mike at Junum 1-888-990-9999. Ask him why this is happening. He'll probably tell you it will reappear. Your next question will be "I know it will, but why was it disputed in the first place?" Tell him to go over the negatives with you to make sure nothing else that is positive gets disputed. That's about all I can tell you to do.

3. marci

marci Well-Known Member

This is about the third person who has discussed this problem re Junum actually disputing postives. How disconcerting.

4. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

marci - very disconcerting..

Are you sure that TU will place the item back on LKH? I've heard that once it's off TU, they do a form of cloaking so items won't reappear again no matter if the creditors/CAs report again. This includes both bad and good and it's a fight alone to get them back on..

5. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Yes, you're absolutely right. It's a "hard delete" and you do have to yell to get it back on. A monthly update from the creditor won't do it. I've only seen this policy with TU.

6. MiamiBlues

MiamiBlues Well-Known Member

As I indicated on a post to Nana a few days ago, Junum disputed four positive trade lines on my TU report and got two of them deleted. I was beyond angry and sent an e-mail to Marta Olson directing her not to renew my membership next month. I have not received a response.

I guess your better off repairing your own credit. On the bight side they were able to delete one negative that hasn't been re-inserted.

Manny

7. MikeB

MikeB Banned

I have had well over 4 or 5 positives disputed on my reports. I think it is about time to cancel.

8. lmckenzie

lmckenzie Well-Known Member

Let me tell you something..........I have had 5 positive accounts disputed with Juum and when I have called to tell them about this; the only repsonse I get is "they will appear" so my nexy question is am I going to pay the $30 for the postives being removed and the answer is YES. So my next question is why are you diputing postive trades and the reply is "we dispute everything". I think they do this just to collect the fees and another thing I don't understand is why they collect money every month even when they aren't supplying a service to you.

9. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

Perhaps all they really do is make your credit accurrate? Which in the process deletes both positive and negative tradelines, with negative tradelines having a better chance of being deleted? It's unfortunate there are all these people posting bad incidents w/ Junum lately..

10. Marypc

Marypc Well-Known Member

Yup, this happened to me, and if you get hold of Marta, watch out..Big time attitude there. What TU does is a hard delete. It happened to me with my Providian account, and let me tell you, once you are stuck between TU and Providian each putting the onus on the other to get it back on there, well, its not a comfortable place to be. What is troublesome is that Junum doesnt seem all that upset about this. Perhaps they took on more than they could handle in terms of volume?

11. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Ok, I'm sorry but I doubt seriously those were the answers provided to the questions you asked junum. I don't deny that there seems to be a problem with positive disputes..not at all..but I don't believe anyone was told "we dispute everything.." I also don't believe you'd pay for this...but I intend to write myself (even as an ex-user) and find out...Sorry, I just don't buy this!!

12. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

OK, I just wrote to a person I trust at junum..and I'll inform ya'll of what I get told..

Thanks for your patience and if I'm wrong, I'll be the first to apologize..

again, I am not denying the fact that there seems to be a rash of disputing positives (it happened to me, too)..only that they would charge for deletions of positives and then say "we dispute everything."
    Thanks!

13. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

I gotta tell you Nana....they got my CapOne deleted from my Equifax. I've had one or two others deleted as well. My other positives are still there but I said I was going 3 rounds. I have and now, I'm getting out.

I won't let them touch TU or Equifax....they can fight with Experian...especially seeing that no one is using it around here.

I'm not dis-satisfied, but disheartened, yes. There's obviously a problem and I believe enough of us should yell often and loud enough until it's fixed. Even if we're not using them anymore.

14. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Shantel, as I said, I'm not disputing there appears to be a problem..it affected me, too....I just have a problem with the specific remarks credited to them..I need to check that out myself..

15. cosjef

cosjef Well-Known Member

They have spent the last two months disputing inquiries for me--none of which came off. If they are being this careless, I may have to cancel. Anybody know how to cancel your Junum membership?

16. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Just call,Cos..they'll do it immediately..at least they did for me! :)

17. lmckenzie

lmckenzie Well-Known Member

Nana-

This board is for people to share the things that are happening to them; whether you believe it or not is your business it's not for you to decide whether or not this has happen to me and for your ...information....since I have Junum draft my account for my payments then they also draft for deletions so.... I DID PAY FOR THESE DELETIONS.....and another thing I have been with Junum since August of 2000 which means that they have said and done things in the past that they may or may not do now .....so as you can see I have nothing to gain by not adding truth to any of my post and if you notice I don't post much only because I don't respond if I don' have anything to add or if it's not the truth.

Thankyou for playing the TRUTH PATROL

18. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Geez...I guess I have a right to doubt something, don't I? I just intend to check it out..I hope that is o.k. with you. There's really no reason for hostility....but I am going to state something I believe in (just as you did) and as I said, be the first to apologize, if I'm wrong. I am checking it out as I said...not just throwing it out there on total opinion..

If you got charged...then I strongly suggest you get on the phone and have the charges reversed...

Finally, thanks for the update on the purpose of the board...

19. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

lmckenzie | 8 posts since May 2001
    --This board is for people to share the things that are happening to them;

NanaC | 923 posts since Mar 2001
    ----------------------------------------------

Trust me, LMc, NanaC knows what this board is about. Do not confuse her opposing views, or her attempts to help and get an accurate answer from Junum, as her lack of understanding what this board is about.

And That's about all I have to say about that.

-Dave

20. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

Well, I love the regulars here too (especially Nana and Nave!), lol, but in all fairness, as a relative newcomer I really don't think the number of postings is a fair comment about anything. That kind of remark really only discourages the new lurker from joining us, and frankly our strength is derived from the collective knowledge of an ever-growing group of participants.

Second, there's nothing wrong with doing the validating research first and then posting the results second. In other words, let's say that I doubt what Joe Newcomer says about something and I want to check it out for myself. I go do that and then report back: "Guess what folks, Joe Newcomer is full of baloney. I just checked it out for myself, and here's the evidence." Or, perhaps, "Well, gee whiz, I doubted what Joe Newcomer had to say, so I went and called these guys myself. Lo and behold, to my horror, the guy is right! What in the world is going on?" Posting AFTER you've done your due diligence may spare an honest poster the potential embarassment of being labeled "a possible liar."

Ok, so that's my two cents for tonight. To whom do I pay the two cents? :)

Randy