True Application Status

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by JacquiG, Aug 27, 2001.

1. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

Does anyone know why credit card companies won't tell you over the phone that you've been denied? Just thinking over the past year or so, several of my denials (automated or human) have told me that my application is still "pending" or "being processed", while I've got the denial letter in my hand.

They don't seem to have a problem telling you that you've been approved. What do they think will happen?

Here I sit, afraid to call Citi to ask about my AA status <sigh>

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

DON'T KNOW FOR A FACT...but they may have "PENDING" NOT "DENIED" on the screen when they type your SS# in the computer...

3. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

1-301-733-5501

Option -4- then -2-

Just call.....better to find out now then to get some letter in the mail.

4. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

MP$40 is right.

Go ahead and call, JaquiG. Knowing will relieve the suspense. We're all holding your hand.

Donna

5. JacquiG

HAHAHA (hysterical laughter). My application is "in the middle of processing". At least she gave me a reference number and told me to call back toward the end of the week.

MP and Donna, thanks for the support, and the phone number. Kept me from making a fool of myself by calling the 950-5114#.

6. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

I will pray to the credit gods for ya! ;-)

7. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

JaquiG,

Good. I'm glad you called. But RATS! credit approval couldn't tell you anything yet.

Let us know what happens when you call back later in the week.

Please hold a good thought for my husband and me, too. We just applied to rent a town house. Most creditors out here pull Experian and that's my worst report. Creditexpert shows my score at $657 but I have a couple cards with high balances. No, they aren't maxed out but I'm still hoping this doesn't hurt us. My derogs are all over two years old and I don't have any judgments or anything like that.

We really want this place! If you could hold an extra good thought for us, that would be much appreciated!

Donna

8. JacquiG

You got it, Donna. Tell you what, I'll give up my AA approval for your townhouse approval. Think they'll go for that? :)

Thinking happy thoughts for you!

9. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Thanks much, JaquiG. :) You're very kind.

No need to give up your AA card approval, though, cause I have faith that we're both gonna get what we want. Your credit is good so I'm sure you'll be approved.

I've been living at our current place for five years and our Landlord loves us. (Hubby moved in two years ago.) (Our 2nd-year anniversary is coming up soon.)

And prior to that, I lived in my apartment for 16 years. Stability is on my side. And I've been at my current job for over 20 years. Hopefully, these factors will atone for any credit minuses.

Donna

10. sam

sam Well-Known Member

most rental units look for current issues, and secondly for any past apartment collections, they usually pull eviction records too.

I didn't qualify at mine, but im living here. I had to pay extra $800 deposit, which i asked back, and got at renewal 12 months later.. no biggie.

11. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Thanks, Sam. Your posts are always so helpful.

You said that rental agencies look at current issues. Can you give some examples? Do you mean lates, judgments, that kind of thing? If so, we're fine. As I said, no recent derogs and nothing unpaid on my reports.

Donna