truecredit credit scores? new score?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by delphipgmr, Oct 21, 2010.

1. delphipgmr

delphipgmr Member

I just pulled my monthly credit score from truecredit, and for the first time starting this month, instead of the standard FICO scores it normally shows (350-900), they all came up with a vantage? score (501-990).

what is considered good? like what is the "new" 700?

is there a conversion factor to go from new to old?

under the new scores i got, transunion is down by 20 pts, the other 2 are up over 100.. there have been NO changes to my credit report since last time. the should all be within 20 pts of each other.

are there any other credit monitoring services that let you pull and score all 3 CB's at least every month? I have no problem canceling truecredit and moving.

I wanted to keep the fico scores.

what does everyone else do?

2. JoshuaHeckathorn

JoshuaHeckathorn Administrator

Sorry, but you were never getting your actual FICO scores through truecredit.com. They were what we like to call "FAKOS". If you want your actual FICO scores, get them from myFICO.

The FICO model is still on a scale of 300-850, and a good FICO score is considered to be in the 700-750 range. There aren't conversion factors to help you compare them with other credit scores.

If you want to have a better understanding of all the credit scores out there, check out this article I wrote in our learning center from earlier this year: Credit Scores That Matter