TU 77 point drop WTF

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by ginger2, Dec 9, 2002.

1. ginger2

ginger2 Well-Known Member

I am so frustrated with TU. I have never had them correct any info for me. Equifax and Experian have. Everything I send to them they dismiss. Today I went to check my report and my score was 77 points lower than it was 2 days ago!!! Nothing has been added or changed. When I look at the reasons one of them is that my department store cards are too high and that hurts a score. Ummmn, I have a 70 dollar balance on a 500 limit, a 30 balance on Target with a 300 limit and a 40 balance on Mervyns with 400 limit. What in the world do they mean these balances are too high??? Fine, I will go tonight and pay all of these off. I am going to be steaming if this does not change my report when they update monthly. What in the world could be happenning with my score? My other scores are 150 pts higher.

2. jdog0411

jdog0411 Well-Known Member

Do you have any negatives on your TU report? There has to be a reason why your score suddenly dropped 77 points. I would go back and look very closely at your report, and also make sure it is the absolute most current copy of the report.

Did the balances you indicated just appear on the report, or were they there before your score dropped? If they were there before, check your inquiry section for recent inquiries, or check to make sure that no information has changed on your tradelines (incorrect credit limit, re-aged derogatory, etc.)

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

TRANS UNION is F.A.C.O. so don't worry that much...

...and with RNG, it may be up 87 points next week...

4. xhardc0rex

xhardc0rex Well-Known Member

Get the reason codes. Those four codes tell you why your score is being reported so low. As long as your reason codes from 2 days ago match the ones being reported today, then TU owes you 77 points. Don't ask me how to do this though.

5. ginger2

Well, I will go back and look over the report again. I have a copy from 3 days ago to compare it to. Looking at it earlier, I swear nothing has changed except they said the balances were too high. They are actually probably lower than what I listed as I've made payments and its not showing updated. Also listed is my accounts have little history ( or short history). I have 4 accounts dating back to 95 and 3 are still open. How old do they want the accounts to be??
    George, I hope you are right and no one looks at this score. It just makes me feel like a crappy person to see that number. I think I'll go look at my Equifax just to cheer me up!!

6. jdog0411

What is RNG?

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Copyright © "RANDOM NUMBER GENERATOR"

The scores go up FOR NO REASON and go down FOR NO REASON...

The scores are just made by a RANDOM NUMBER GENERATOR...

I paid $30,000 in one month and took a RATHER LARGE "HIT" ON MY SCORE...

People have opened 4 or 5 accounts in one month and gained 20+ points...

Others have made a "BADDIE" go BYE BYE and lost points...

GET THE DRIFT???

8. ginger2

Well, now I really feel like a dumb**s. I thought about how to get my one high balance lowered and easier to pay. I read about the B of A limits and decided to apply and do a balance transfer. B of A uses Transunion. Too late ,I know I should of checked who they pulled. Anyone Know of a high starting limit card that pulls Equifax? I'd love to get my Citbank balance down and whittled away quicker.

9. jdog0411

Yes, I get the drift. Intersting concept...sad thing is, it probably has some merit!

10. jdog0411

So you are saying that the inquiry is what dropped you 70 points?

11. ginger2

No, the score dropped before I applied. I think I applied out of anger which was very foolish. Now, I am sure my score is lower still since the inquiry but I haven't had any others this year so hopefully it wont be bad. I'm still fuming over the point drop though. I thought I was on the right track and am going to print the new report to show proof the info did not change. I have no idea if Transunion can correct it but they should be able to explain why there was such a drastic drop.

12. humblmarc

humblmarc Guest

[]

13. ginger2

Ok, I keep looking at these posts with the brackets. Please clue me in to what if anything they mean.

14. Ozzyburger

Ozzyburger Well-Known Member

People's bank pulled Equifax on me (i'm in PA). $5,000 cl.... income is $66k-ish...... 7.99% fixed apr, 0% 6 months on purchases or BT's. Don't know if you consider 5k a good starting limit but thought I'd throw this info out to you anyway.

Ozzy.

15. Lori

Lori Well-Known Member

I had 3 "bads" removed..one still there from '95 that I have disputed, no lates, nothing and my score only went up 14 points!!

16. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

You really don't want to know, ginger.

We had a troll here, trying to disrupt the board. One of the regular members posted, then edited the text out of the post, and just left the brackets there to let us know he had posted something really nasty, and removed it.

We all started just posting the brackets after the troll's posts (like replies), and said [] means "this is a troll." So the troll started posting brackets, copying us, saying [] means we are all friends, everything is cool, etc.

The troll has been blocked from visiting the site from his IP address, but could come back using another IP address. So keep an eye out for strange stuff.

There, isn't that a nice story? LOL.

17. guppas

guppas Well-Known Member

Me, too, Ginger. I think the might be profanity. I know humblmark is not humblemark (note the absence of an "e"), and is probably a troll that's been hunting here. Who knows what he might have said. I like it better when the blot out the single profane word. Then I can't help myself - I have to try to figure out what the word was.

18. guppas

guppas Well-Known Member

Thanks, Breeze. I think I was posting while you were.